Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rear suspension knock

rickprice

Monza
Folks,

I have a knock on my rear N/S suspension(I think). It stops when I put on the sport suspension. It's fairly quiet but definitely there, on normal mode.

The local OPC claim they cannot hear it.

Car is 2006, 110k miles.

I would say it's the shock but I have no experience with switchable suspension.

Any suggestions? I have a Porsche warrantee so should I push for this, or will it be a 'wear and tear' part?

Cheers

Richard

If it stops with sports on then i would lean towards the shock .

If it was anything else then making the suspension harder would tend to increase the noise and not make it go away i feel .

It's a guess though , a sound clip might help but really i think a chassis ear connected and a drive is the best way to find it .

I doubt it will be covered as a noise is not warranty .. a leaking shock would be though .

The noise is quiet when driving and I doubt a sound clip would pick it up, really.

My money is on the shock - will get it looked at.

Thank you,

Richard

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back