Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Air Con recommendation

Given that age of these cars you really need to change the evaporator as it's unlikely to have been done. Prepare yourself for 10hrs labour cost on a part that costs less than £150 :eek:

It's not difficult just time consuming so it might be worth approaching an Indy that has done this work before and see if they will come up with a deal. After you've had a leak test to see where the actual problem is.

air con recomemendation

a question for tore really if he is still around. car was regassed 2 years ago .the air con has not worked since I bought the car . some one suggested I had a leak .so this week on the service I asked for a regas . my good friend Harvey (Porsche expert) said I had not lost any gas so no leaks and was running 3 degrease at the condenser so should be nice and cold .but as soon as I put the aircon on the flap seems to close .just was wondering if theres any suggestions as my friend is going to have a go at it in a couple of weeks

Re: air con recomemendation

johne said:
a question for tore really if he is still around. car was regassed 2 years ago .the air con has not worked since I bought the car . some one suggested I had a leak .so this week on the service I asked for a regas . my good friend Harvey (Porsche expert) said I had not lost any gas so no leaks and was running 3 degrease at the condenser so should be nice and cold .but as soon as I put the aircon on the flap seems to close .just was wondering if theres any suggestions as my friend is going to have a go at it in a couple of weeks

Silly question I'm sure but you have got the sliders in the right place?
If you've got 3°C at the condenser or evaporator? You should be good.

ATB :)

I know less than nothing about the technicalities so am going to have to outsource the whole job. Problem I suspect is going to be mission creep, whilst its in pieces may as well (fill in the blank).......

Any recommendations of an indie to do the work gratefully received. Although I will pop down to Alpinair seeing as Jaz have recommend them.

Cheers
B

ps plans for a boxster this year been put on hold pending £££ on the above :sad:

BobbyT said:
The time has come to get the air con on Lola sorted out.

Jaz in St Albans look after the old girl and have recommended Alpinair (http://www.alpinair.co.uk/classic-vintage-cars/)

Just wondering if anyone has used them

Cheers
Bob

I used Alpinair a few years back to repair a leak on an AC pipe under the sill covers. They've been in the business for years and had a couple of Porsches and other classics in for work when I visited. I'd recommend them.

Re: air con recomemendation

[quote="johne".but as soon as I put the aircon on the flap seems to close[/quote]

With A/C on, low CCU temperature setting, and the cabin is hot, the CCU will use resirculation to get to the desired temperature as fast as possible. All fan air is then drawn through the resirc opening. If this fails to open due to a vacuum leak or diconnected vacuum hose, the air flow will be drastically reduced once the fresh air inlet closes.

See my DIY pages for details and test procedures:
https://www.bergvillfx.com/porschehvac1

Cheers,
Tore

LondonRob said:
BobbyT said:
The time has come to get the air con on Lola sorted out.

Jaz in St Albans look after the old girl and have recommended Alpinair (http://www.alpinair.co.uk/classic-vintage-cars/)

Just wondering if anyone has used them

Cheers
Bob

I used Alpinair a few years back to repair a leak on an AC pipe under the sill covers. They've been in the business for years and had a couple of Porsches and other classics in for work when I visited. I'd recommend them.

Thanks Rob

I used Alpinair back in 2014 to fix my AC that wasn't holding gas.

They replaced the evaporator which cost around £1k. Can't fault the service or the quality - it's still working now.

Whilst my car was there, they had a beautiful old Maserati and (I think) a pre-war Bentley both for air-con retrofit.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TJno1
Back