Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Slow hot start...

Milo72

Spa-Francorchamps
So my cars on the button when cold, feels like it turns over twice before firing up. When it's got though it has started to take a little longer, not horrendously bad but maybe 3 or 4 turns before it starts.

It's had new coils in the last 3k miles and the plugs were done just before that. Any ideas ??

It's a 997.1 C2S

Many Thanks

Could be one of several things but it sounds like the cable to the starter/alternator, had the same problem with mine until I changed it earlier this year. Bit of a pig of a job to change and takes about half a day but not too hard. Could also be the starter motor or a corroded power distribution pin, easier to check this first before changing the cable.

If it spins over slower when hot as opposed to cold then yup as above .. cable .

As you have a Tip i would suggest live with it for now .. it's an engine drop to replace it .

Im having this same issue, starts sweet when cold but after when driving a while and its hot it starts slow !!! When i bought the car of the previous owner he had this particular cable changed, cable costed him approx £85 in 2015, my query is can this sort of thing happen again? Hasnt donevmuch mileage and isnt my primary car !! Wasnt there a cable upgrade available to eliminate this slow start when hot ???

Any other possibilities?? Front battery distribution pin and cable?

Cheers

J

At the end of the day .. it's going to be a resisted starter lead .. causing poor voltage .. it's going to be a starter motor or it's going to be the power pin in the distributor box .. i could also say the earth side .. so battery lead and engine earth strap ..

check each one .

if the starter lead has been replaced then it's not that.

my guess .. starter motor .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrew bulloch7
Back