Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cayenne with a manual gearbox opinions please

mpowerrob

Monza
Hi all, looking for opinions and advise please.

I am looking at buying my father in law a fairly cheap runaround, he's budget is around 4-5k. He has never owned a car before! having been a black cab driver for most of his life and using his cab.

He would like something with a fairly high driving position and not too small, ie like his cab, Coming from a long line of owning BMW's and knowing them well with good parts servicing contacts I thought maybe something like an X3 2.5i / 3.0i petrol as he doesn't do many miles so mpg isn't an issue and the m54 is pretty bomb proof and not much to go wrong in an X3.

Somehow I got thinking :D and doing the man maths and thought what about an original Porsche Cayenne 3.2 v6 which can be had for similar money! I know what I'd prefer!

I know from looking and research the autos suffer common gearbox failures? and know they made them with a rare manual gearbox, would this be a good buy does anyone on here have a 3.2 v6 with the manual gearbox are they any good?

Or maybe I should just be sensible and stick with a X3 for him?

Thoughts ?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back