Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Memory Seats

SimonsS2000

Good morning
Having had my C4s for 3 weeks I'd like to ask you guys a few questions.
My memory seats work fine on the buttons but on the key setting the drivers side mirror isn't playing ball.
I've tried to reset it numerous times to no avail.
Also when I start the car the heated rear screen button illuminates and stays on. It lets me turn it off but comes back on after a few minutes.
Yet according to the manual it should only illuminate when you turn it on.
Your expert advice would be much appreciated.
😉

Heated screen fault .. pretty damn weird ..

I can only guess at a fault but either the button is sticking or its the control unit thats faulty .. and this is not much more than a relay .. as its cheap then might be worth a punt as diagnosing something like this might take a garage a while .

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/143224687772

memory seats then i can only say read the manual to the letter ... i know some seat faults on these but not mirror ones .

EDIT

Actually there is one thing you could try ..

Move the mirror to the full up position then full down down then left then right .. this should in theory tell the car the full positions of the mirror .. then do the usual setup for memory function and see if it works .

Memory seats, tell me about them!!!! When I 1st got mine every time I unlocked the car the seat disappeared under the steering wheel I was convinced the previous owner was Warwick Davies, I tried exactly what it said in the book but no joy,
The think that worked for me was to do the reset with the drivers door closed it doesn't tell you this in the book,
But my daily car is a BMW and you can't reset the service lights without closing the door so tried it on the Porsche and it was a result.
Don't know about the mirror but worth a try...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back