Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Squealing window

NotoriousREV

My passenger window makes a horrendous noise when being raised or lowered but I can't tell if it's the seals or the regulator. The noise went away for a bit when I washed and waxed the car but now it's back. Is it common for the regulator to make such horrible noise or should I be looking elsewhere?

I suspect the rubber seal.
Try this-
drop the window and pull the outside seal 'away' from the glass all the way along.
Give the rubber a good clean with water and washing up liquid
Clean the window thoroughly, ideally clay it and apply Rain X or some other glass sealant. Maybe worth doing the same to the inside surface too.

Mine still squeals in hot weather.
For best results replace the seal, but I think they are £££

It never occurred to me that it was just the window against the inner seals. A quick wipe with silicon spray and they're silent again! Thanks for the replies.

Did the silicone spray yesterday and has definitely quietened down my squeaky windows.

The outer seal gets the "fur" worn off it and then the rubber sticks making a squeek,

Eventually the rubber gets pulled in by the window putting horrific strain on the regulator

then your regulator fails.

I use autglym glass polish and gummifledge on the window seal, no more problems.

Or you can replace the seal (they are expensive).

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back