Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Strange power cut out

Airborne9

Evening all,

I have a 2005 C2s, it's been sat in the garage not moving for two weeks and tonight I took it for a drive. Pulling away and switching into second it would cut power, until I depressed the clutch and it came back all OK.

It did this a handful of times then when opened up it had no issue, I took it for a 25 minute drive and haven't had an issue again.

Any ideas? No EML and no warnings, no spluttering or signs of missing, recently had coils and spark plugs changed.
Seems odd it resets once the clutch is depressed again, could it be a faulty clutch delay switch?

Thanks all

Getting the codes read is the best option.
Could be a few things - assume you've discounted dodgy fuel?
Earth pin, earth strap or maf are just some possibilities.
Got a code reader or good indy?

If you have had a flat battery in that time then i would say the throttle position had been lost and needed a bit of time to re learn its end stops ..

If not well .. i'm afraid it doesn't ring any bells with me .

If you have a fault code reader .. even a basic one then its worth checking just to see if there are any codes .. i think there won't be at this point .

In short .. monitor it and see if the fault happens again .

I can say from experience if no fault code and no values seem to be out of place then there's very little i can or would do ..

i could start throwing parts at it in a vain attempt to fix it but that's not something we do .. i just say to customers ..

Im sorry but you need to drive the car and monitor it , any problems and bring it back .

As I always say, Every Porsche owner should splash out £5 on one of these OBDII bluetooth dongles from Ebay and download the Torque Lite free app to their phone, it`s a no brainer and will definately help you sleep at night :grin:

UtB4xD1.jpg

Just looked on ebay for one of these and there are loads to choose from, mostly cheap as chips!
How can anyone possibly choose? Just try the cheapest and be prepared to throw it away of it doesnt work??

If I remember correctly, I paid about £3.50 for the one in the photo over 5 years ago and it`s been fine :thumb:

At that price you can just bin it if it doesn`t work and try another :grin:

If I could identify the seller I bought it from, I`d buy another 100 or so and flog them to members on 911uk :D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back