Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cheeky bid-i now own a Jag XJS HE V12 with a 5 speed box

FRP

Oh gosh, put in a silly (i mean silly) bid and won (sight unseen) a 1985 Lynx convertible XJS HE V12 with a manual 5 spped getrag gearbox

NO MOT, but car drives fine - or so i am told !

So i need a little help

I need any reccomendations on a Jag garage in the west London area?

I have posted on a couple of Jag forums at luchtime today and not one response yet

Hope to hear from any one - THANKS IN ADVANCE

fARIED

Attachments

• xjs_he_748.png
    xjs_he_748.png
    700.2 KB · Views: 7,084
Not in London, but there isn't much David Marks doesn't know about these. He is my next door neighbour.

MC

I used to pass one on Goldhawk Road several years ago. From a quick search it seems to be: https://www.jagshopworkshop.co.uk

The search also turned up the similarly named: http://thejagworkshop.co.uk which seems to be nearby in Park Royal.

I've not used either, so you'll need to do your own research to satisfy yourself on reputations.

hth & keep us posted on your progress

Nice one Guys, most helpful

Yes I actually called thejagworkshop earlier today, The are busy and cannot see the car until tuesday week, Might just provisionally book it in there for a once over and MOT?

Insurance is prooving to be a little difficult as i dont have a second garage DOH!

Nothing useful to add other than what a fantastic buy!

FRP said:
Oh gosh, put in a silly (i mean silly) bid and won (sight unseen) a 1985 Lynx convertible XJS HE V12 with a manual 5 spped getrag gearbox

NO MOT, but car drives fine - or so i am told !

So i need a little help

I need any reccomendations on a Jag garage in the west London area?

I have posted on a couple of Jag forums at luchtime today and not one response yet

Hope to hear from any one - THANKS IN ADVANCE

fARIED

Nothing like a man with Courage ......!
Looks great for obviously decent money if it was a really cheeky bid ..!

Good luck fettling it ... no doubt will take a few quid up front but the reward comes in the drive later ...! V12 ...no substitute for horses !

Thanks Guys

I am quite excited actually....had many V12 Jags in the past,,,many many years ago. This will be my second "manual" - just wish it was a series 2 XJ12C !

Dunno what I am going to do at the moment tbh

No way!!

A black with cream interior one drove past me the other night, the guy looked in his element! I was straight on ebay when I got home wanting one, now I see this!!!

Great buy, please put pics and details up once you have it! :thumb:

I had one.

The phrase 'money pit' prings to mind.

Good luck. (And don't forget to stick a couple of quid aside for petrol)

Lovely. 8)

Still such a classy car. It an XJS or an XJI though. :grin:

Good luck with it. :thumb:

LOLs on the plate, worthless but will keep it on the car I spose

looking at these at the moment too - need to tick the V12 box!

I use Alan Lloyd down in Kingston to look after my XJR - always had some interesting classic Jags around in various states of service/restoration.

Thanks for the info....

I had an XJS HE many years ago (auto)....the only car I have ever owned that would accelerate from 15 mph in top gear to 150 mph! (not quickly, as to induce kickdown). :drive: 24 mpg too.

I can remember there was a company ( can't remember what they were called) who would tune that V12 to give 800 bhp :eek:

Complex car even by today's standards.

4 hours to change the plugs.

Rust is the main issue with them. Outer and inner sills if I remember correctly. oh... and brake pipes but I bet they were changed to copper a long while ago.

Is it a 5 speed conversion? Didn't Lister do a "Hot" one with the 5 speed?

Real sense of occasion in the driving seat.

Nice colour...I had the not so popular at the time, Gold.....probably even less popular now :floor:

Enjoy. Hope it gets through an MOT without too much pain. :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back