Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

For Sale 2002 Carrera 2 (SOLD)

abcarrera

Silverstone
Some will already know this car as it previously belonged to forum member EGTE, I have not done this car justice and used it for less than 1800 miles since I bought it off Russell last summer, the car is a real testament to his care and drive to make a great C2. I have literally baby sat the car!

Equipment
C16-Uk car, XAG-Carrera fixed rear spoiler, XLF-Sports exhaust system, XSC-Porsche crest embossed seats, XX1- Leather edged floor mats with Porsche script, X70-Stainless steel door entry guards with logo, X71-Alu look instrument faces, X76-Side skirts, X97-Gear lever knob wih aluminium inlay, X98-Handbrake lever with aluminium inlay, 030-Sports suspension, 373-2 way electrical sports seats left, 376-2 way electrical sports seats right.

Interior
The interior is in awesome condition, Black on black, with GT3 console delete giving the extra legroom which is a must if you are a bit taller, this really cleans up the interior look I feel. Also the door pocket GT3 style door cards I feel look better. leather edged factory overmats with Porsche script cover over a totally unmarked original carpet.
Also fitted with electric sunroof.

Exterior
Finished in Basalt black metallic, the exterior is in very good condition, with no signs of any corrosion. There are a few small marks present consistent with the age and mileage. There are some stone chips visible on the front bumper but otherwise this is a very clean example.

Wheels & Tyres
The car is currently on Braid 17 inch Fuch wheels which came off the CLR 996 build. Originally these were of the rose petal style, the centres have since been painted black.
If preferred there is the option to fit the original Carrera 18" wheels which have been totally refurbished and have not been on the road since.
The ride of the 17" wheels in combination with the EXE-TC suspension makes for a incredible comfortable ride but with handling that is fantastic.

There is a massive history and service file with this car including all previous MOT certificates.

The cars development is well documented in various threads and also via a fantastic write-up on
https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=48&t=1544997

Summary of works
The thing that really is fantastic is the stance, comfort and amazing handling due in no small part to the 3-way EXE-TC suspension which were totally overhauled by the factory prior to fitment,
Some highlights of works carried out previously to my ownership.
Fitted EXE-TC 3-way suspension (springs, dampers, top mounts and ARB droplinks). Thelinks have just been upgraded for free (weather-proof boots this time) by Exe-tc, which is nice. Set up for fast-road use, so incredibly compliant but with total control, the ride/handling is amazing.
Changed the front bumper for a genuine Porsche 996.2 GT3 front PU and fitted Zunsport grilles.
Fitted Low-temp thermostat and always use Millers Nanotech 10W-50. Recent Millers oil analysis absolutely fine.
Full geo at GT3 ride height, with corner balancing.
All new coil-packs.
New clutch 9,000 miles ago. IMS was absolutely fine (and dust-cap removed as per Hartech suggestion)
New serpentine belt, 3 new rollers
Alternator service and fitted with new voltage regulator
New coolant bottle, cap and bottle.
GT3 console delete, which looks great and gives more leg-room.
New headlamp and indicator bulbs recently.
Full waxoyl treatment.
Just fitted 964 RS engine mounts and Powerflex gearbox-mount insert, to firm up the gear-shift (very successfully)
Applied anti-stone-chip paint on wheel arches and underside treated to Hydra80 every time I get under the car.
Front bumper removed to clean rads/condensers every year, so they are fine (won't be needed now, with grills)
Particularly attention paid to tackling rust underneath (use Bilt-Hamber Hydra80 and copper grease a lot!)
New rear lower coffin arms fitted and alignment to Tuthill settings.
Gearbox oil recently changed to Millers NanoDrive 75W-90, feels as new.
2 recent rear tyres (Michelin PS4s).
All brake discs and pads renewed in the last 6000 miles.
Just had a Major Service done, including all spark plugs and brake fluid.
Car has done 85,600 miles and has never used any oil between services.
There is a wealth of service history with this car in line with the excellent care that has been lavished upon it over the years.

If preferred the Original Carrera-style wheels (plus PZero N-rateds) in PERFECT condition. Which have been fully refurbished and never used, these could be put back on the car instead of the Braid Fuch's or could be purchased by separate negotiation as a 2nd set of wheels.
£19995
Now Sold actually got over asking price so very all things considered.

Here is a link to a Google album showing photographs of the car.
Photos
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Gv6KxoE7KkL13jSX8

broken link

Sorry if anyone tried the photo link and it did not work! School boy error by me with permissions! should work fine now :success:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back