Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Remap on Macan S Diesel - worth doing?

wilpert

Indianapolis
Mrs Wilpert has a Macan S Diesel.
its 3.0l covered about 40k - no warrnaty so not fussed about that.

Is it worth getting it mapped for performance/economy, anybody done this?

Well sorry nobody else has been able to offer an answer for you yet Mr Wilpert
suppose nobody has remapped theirs. All I can offer is my experience with
a stage one remap of my Cayenne Diesel S which has the V8 4.2 lump in it shoved along with the help of two turbos.
So the basic remap upped power from 391.8 HP to 441.4 HP and 618.2 lb ft torque to 685.2 lb ft torque. The net result is it is capable of going down the road like a very scalded pussy! But that's not what it's all about, the car now drives more smoothly using the extra torque to hang onto higher ratio gears longer and gives a bit better fuel economy apparently although I've not measured it properly, does drive really nice now. And I think as long as you don't drive it like an animal in the lower gears and treat it with a bit of mechanical empathy you should have no cause for concern, using decent brand diesel probably helps too.
Why not?

Thanks for that, i am getting tempted but it would help to get views from macan drivers too.

The reason I have doubts is that why wouldn't Porsche map them for more power in the first place but perhaps they are trying to keep within tax bands etc.

Not sure if this will be much help to you as I dont have a Macan but I do have a desiel Jag that had mapped and the fuel economy went up and I got about 50bhp gain in power. It's been like this for around 3 years without issue, it also made the car a much nicer drive as it change they way my auto box worked and the gears it selected especially when they drop a few when you put your foot down as there is less lag now.

Desiel's tend to map quite well due to them being turbo or tt so personally I would give it a try and even if you dont like it have the map taken off, but I would go for a company with a good rep and reviews which I did with my Jag although I didn't have a rolling road map I still got one specifically written and tested for my car and engine. You might also want to try a tuning box if your not 100&% as you can unplug it and sell it on.

I had a plug in box on my mkv1v VW golf and it was amazing. I once got 70mpg on a long journey.
I used to just remove it when the car was in the dealers for service or if it went for an mot.
I thought these might be a bit dated now and tbh I wouldn't have a clue how to connect up on the macan, although I'm sure I could search it on the web.

I also have a rr sport tdv8 which has covered nearly 150k miles. I spoke with a mechanic, who has the same car and he mapped his and said it was awesome now. Loads of torque and more power.
I feel the rr has loads of power already but the macan is only a 6 cylinder so not quite in the same league.
My fear is messing up the turbos or something like that but perhaps I'm being too cautious.

Does mapping affect the pdk control too?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD77
Back