Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Anybody recognise registrations on red bgts

wilpert

Indianapolis
Long shot but anybody know any of these plate owners. They are quite unique simply because of the cost but I'd be keen to know who this person or person could be:

2AB, AB111, AB8, ST777, JOB5S, B73.

All of those have been on my car but due to data protection I can't find out who owned the car. I know it shouldn't matter but I'm like that and as some of those plates are over 100k it makes me more curious. FWIW they are likely to be Glasgow or Sevenoaks locations.

You should be able to request details of the previous owners of your car through the DVLA. They will ask for proof of ownership and ID and then send you previous owners' info. (My sister has just done this on a car she has just bought).

squelch said:
You should be able to request details of the previous owners of your car through the DVLA. They will ask for proof of ownership and ID and then send you previous owners' info. (My sister has just done this on a car she has just bought).

Emailed them, not helpful at all. It's the data protection thing that prevents it of course.
DVLA, say they cannot advise on frequent plate changes to cherished plates on cars. The thing that I cannot get my head around is that one reg: AB8 was assigned to my car 3 times over 3 years and yet the car is only 4.5 yrs old and has 5 owners, I can only deduce that the same owner must have shifted the car within is own family or maybe apart it in his company name so that would explain multiple ownership.
Clearly it's impossible to have different owners using the same private plate.

FWIW the registration is now assigned to a rr sport svr 2018 plate so no shortage of money it seems.

Wilpert , looking at those numbers I suggest it may be worth looking at recruitment companies maybe something like A2B recruitment solutions etc etc as the Jobs plate is often in one format or another popular with recruiters. interestingly theres one with a similar name in Loughton Essex,

Phil 997 said:
Wilpert , looking at those numbers I suggest it may be worth looking at recruitment companies maybe something like A2B recruitment solutions etc etc as the Jobs plate is often in one format or another popular with recruiters. interestingly theres one with a similar name in Loughton Essex,

The AB bit isn't too much of a mystery as I'm pretty sure I know the name that belongs to that, (think singer in erasure) however I doubt its that one because he doesn't live in Uk?

The jobs things makes same though.

The thing that I can't get is how the same plate was applied across all ownership yet still 5 owners. Doesn't add up.

I must at I didn't realise how easy it is now to assign a retained plate. I just put my old one on the car and it took literally 10 minutes with dvla online. How things have changed eh 😳

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back