Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

£100k and no steering wheel controls?!?

AA3751

So im just about to buy my 1st Porsche which is looking like a 911.2 C2S. I've noticed the steering wheel doesn't have any buttons but others do? Assume this is an upgrade? Anyone know the cost to retrofit this and what it's called?

I'm looking to see how others answer a phone call without steering wheel controls. I don't like touching the screen so is there a voice control option??

Just seems crazy a £100k car doesn't come standard with it !

Ps I am a bit OCD..... slightly......

It's the GT Multi-function Steering Wheel, presumably they can be retrofitted, as you can buy them here:

https://www.design911.co.uk/fu/prod...l-in-Black-Alcantara-Porsche-9912--911--2016/

I regret not optioning it for mine, as I foolishly thought it was standard in the GTS like it is in the Macan, and never noticed the option. However, the only thing I really miss is being able to adjust the volume for the radio. For answering calls etc. there's a stalk to the right of the steering wheel that allows you to cycle through all the options in the right hand side screen, so it's easy to accept incoming phone calls etc. However, it would be easier with the multi-function wheel.

...at least the passenger door mirror isn't a cost option !

:hand: Its a downgrade to get the multi function wheel.......why would you want one on a sports car :nooo:

I hate the new mutli function wheels, give me the 981/991.1 sports sterring wheel in any car :wink:

ps welcome to the world of Porsche "upgrade/downgrades", the classic being "dual aircon" which actually means climate control v just plain old air con. If I had a pound for every new Porsche the proud new owner was shocked to discover did not have climate control on delivery :grin:

:yeah:

JTTT has hit it on the head..... less is more.....!

Sometimes the purists post here just to get their post count up I think......... :floor:

991.2GTS said:
Sometimes the purists post here just to get their post count up I think......... :floor:

Maybe :) but I had a MF steering wheel and removed it.

I do appreciate it is down to personal preference, but the GT3's and GT2 car's do not have buttons. nor do cars like McLarens, Bugatti and Koenigsegg's.
For me, the PCM is just an arms reach away but I also do not daily the car so I guess it also depends on how the car is used.

My car was £100k when new and didn't have cruise control as standard.

apollokre1d said:
991.2GTS said:

Maybe :) but I had a MF steering wheel and removed it.

I do appreciate it is down to personal preference, but the GT3's and GT2 car's do not have buttons. nor do cars like McLarens, Bugatti and Koenigsegg's.
For me, the PCM is just an arms reach away but I also do not daily the car so I guess it also depends on how the car is used.

Yet Ferrari's and Lambos do. I can see why the purists think it's a bad idea, from an aesthetic point of view it's certainly not as clean. But for practical use, I don't see an issue.

991.2GTS said:
Yet Ferrari's and Lambos do.

;)

991.2GTS said:
I can see why the purists think it's a bad idea, from an aesthetic point of view it's certainly not as clean. But for practical use, I don't see an issue.

Like I said before, it is down to personal preference.

911TEL said:
:yeah:

JTTT has hit it on the head..... less is more.....!

Try telling Lewis that.....

Attachments

• download_174.jpg
    download_174.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 3,963
I have a cup steering wheel with only a horn button. I can't hear any phone calls because the car is too loud inside DOH!

Stereo is pretty useless too and sat nav removed.....Just listen to the mechanical sounds !

Wasn't the focus of the wheel swaps really related to gear change buttons on the multifunction wheels rather than paddles with the sportdesign ones? Multi with Buttons meant it looked like a Tip gearbox on the 997.2 which did not help.

The 991.1 was the same, but I think it changed on the 991.2 didn't it?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back