Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Standard vs RS gearbox mounts - can you tell them apart?

9xxnick

I ordered and fitted what I thought was a standard gearbox mount for my C2 from an OPC. Having fitted it, I now have a car which is suffering from a significantly increased amount of engine vibration and noise. I find it difficult to believe that the amount of vibration would have been acceptable in a new car, and it makes me wonder whether I have the right part installed.

My question is: if they've sent me an RS mount by mistake is there any way of distinguishing it from a standard one by visual or other means? I suspect the part number was on a sticker wrapped around it, so that will have been removed before fitting.

I've got the RS mounts in my Boxster, apparently the staff at Precision said it felt a lot tighter and there's more NVH. It's not bad IMO though, just noticeable at low revs and idle.

In fact, I've answered my own question - they have the part number moulded into the rubber, logically enough.

and so?, did you fit standard or RS?, I wouldn't of thought the mere introduction of an RS gearbox mount would cause such a significant increase in NVH?.

Trev

Think you'd be surprised, a mate of mine did his and noticed it big time. His were the Rennline semi solid adjustables though.

The 964/993 RS mounts are good in my Boxster, once you're moving the NVH is fine, tis a 20yo cab though I guess :lol:

Matched to the GT3 997 shifter and new box oil, it's the best gear change I've ever had on any car I've ever owned.

Haven't been able to determine if the wrong mount's fitted yet but since the engine's coming out in about three weeks it'll get checked then.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back