Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Odd noise

jond58

Nurburgring
Noises are notoriously difficult to diagnose when you're in front of the vehicle let alone over the internet but here goes!!!! Been for a drive didn't notice anything adverse. Gave the car a clean and as I was cleaning drivers side front wheel heard an odd light metallic rattle when I bang the wheel?!? I can make it do this by banging the tyre, pushing on the disc and even by banging on the inside of the frunk!! Checked the top mount that's tight! Sounds like something loose? Drop link perhaps but I thought I'd have picked that up whilst driving? Just wondered if anyone had experienced anything similar

Brake disc back plate/dust sheild loose perhaps, they do rust through on these cars :dont know:

:agree:

Put you hand through the wheel if you can and try giving the back plate a tug. Should be able to rattle it about if its that.

Oddly that side is missing!! Well partially missing anyway! I have a new one but it's a c4 so the rears I changed but it's a bit more of a faff on the front so that's on the list, you're right though I'll check that this evening! My unit isn't ready yet so I'm stuck working on it in my single garage which is crammed at best in all honesty

Had a quick look, nothing loose. It's a weird noise but like a feint bell reverbing. Anyway grabbed the spring perch and the bottom of the shocks both times same noise but more pronounced. Shocker or top mount is my guess!! I'll take it to the Indy's next week and report back!!

Dropped down to my Indy's today and sodding typically it's fixed itself!!! Maybe something hopped on and hopped off the spring perch or even the control arm or maybe whatever was loose has not parachuted off!!! Car ran and handled fine so I won't worry ........unless it comes back!!!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monkey
Back