Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Re-covering seat pads. Am I missing something?

hermes

I've had 3 quotes to re cover the removable seat pads (back and base) of my bucket seats. Excluding material, these range from £720 to £960.

Bearing in mind the existing covers are removable and so can be used for templating, any reason why I can't just take these to my local person with a sewing machine and pay £100?

If you know a good local trimmer I would talk to them. If it works, great, if not you have only risked £100.

There are plenty of good classic car trimmers out there and I suspect mentioning the 'P' word always puts the price up.

Apologies if it has been asked before on a different thread (I couldn't find it), but is there a DIY to remove the pads (seat & back) so as to take them to a trimmer? I've the 18-way FWIW.

I'd love to do a houndstooth on those.

TIA.

Karl.

I have the GT2/3 carbon folding buckets

I got three quotes to retrim the middle cushions from leather to alcantara.
Booked in for next week with Linas at Design LS. He was the most 'reasonable" of the three, and his work is top notch .

Yes the cushions come out on mine, and I was surprised that it will take 3-4 days, as you would have thought they would have something like that almost off the shelf :dont know:

Though one of the other firms wanted the car in for actually fitting, as apparently it isn't that simple ?

Hopefully I'll be done for Silverstone Classic .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back