Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Hartech 3.9 C4S up for sale

Alex

Nordschleife
Its a great price in that it would cost you a lot more to get another car to the same spec - for me, very close to perfect. But it is pushing on turbo prices too... so its a tricky one

I think I'd actually prefer that car than a 996 turbo tip. :dont know:

He claims it's quicker than a 997 3.9s which I can believe. There's also a 12-month transferable engine warranty still on it which you won't get on a 996 turbo.

Alex said:

He claims it's quicker than a 997 3.9s which I can believe. There's also a 12-month transferable engine warranty still on it which you won't get on a 996 turbo.

You could always buy it! There's more to life than cabs :grin:

...if one is looking for a 996 probably doesn't get any better than this example?

Well kept 👍

spongebob squarepants said:
Alex said:

You could always buy it! There's more to life than cabs :grin:

No there's not 8)

When I see prices like that it gives me some comfort on the bill for my soon to be 3.9!

Ghianightmare said:
When I see prices like that it gives me some comfort on the bill for my soon to be 3.9!

I know how you feel.

MC

I'm trying to figure out why he is selling it a year after a considerable investment in the engine.... while he says he has many cars and can't keep them all, it would be interesting to know what he is keeping if the 3.9 is being sold!

Is it just me? Is it not a little strange?

...during my search a few years back I came across a 51k blue 996 with a reputed RPM engine rebuild totally £18k ...for £16k... did the deal over the phone, sent a £500 deposit, turned up to view the car....rough as rats!

Wasted journey and guys story about the car was as smelly as old fish !!!

The rebuild was just a thousand or so miles earlier? Didn't add up...

He's had the car 5.5 years and fancies a change. He's been considering selling since December. Can't see what's strange about it. Last year cylinder 6 showed signs of scoring diagnosed by Hartech. He decided to have a full rebuild and was given the option of going to 3.9 so he took it.
Sounds like a decent guy who did the right thing to me. Would it be preferable if he'd not had the rebuild, then off loaded it as a trade in to a non Porsche dealer who'd then sell it on to an unsuspecting buyer and end up as a horror story on here like we keep reading? :dont know:

Sounds like a good all round chap to me who knows his stuff (reading the description on PH and some of his other posts in the FB 996 owners group).

Not likely to find out, but it would be interesting to know what this goes for. I paid about half of that a few months ago for my C4S, which doesn't need anything major doing.

With the conversion costing ~13K I guess you save yourself the ballache of doing everything in your ownership, and just buy the final product.

Group buy on a 3.9 conversion anyone? :D :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back