Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Update for Sat Nav maps?

g6yog

My 991.1 bought in March 2013 needs updated maps - are there any available at the Porsche dealers? If so, price fitted would be good to know.

It''s only the dealer that can do this and its circa £300 ish.
. There is a map update this year which I'm waiting for and I think this is the 1st map update for many years

Ive found the map on mine to be annoyingly out of date and have got so used to using google or Waze with their traffic knowledge, cameras etc that Ive not used PCM nav for ages. I'd much prefer to over using it the phone, dont suppose there's any chance the update will increase functionality as well as the map is there?

Nothing beats Waze.... all cab and Uber drivers use it....best Nav App out there IMO....

baldguy said:
It''s only the dealer that can do this and its circa £300 ish.
. There is a map update this year which I'm waiting for and I think this is the 1st map update for many years

Is there any likely release date being mentioned, my maps are woefully out of date too.

Denso

Yep, as above. Waze or Google maps for me. Went to OPC for sat system upgrade and they wanted ~300 quid or so. And as mentioned, even the latest greatest updates are out of date....

Err, just leave it thanks :)

Norfolk & Idea said:
Yep, as above. Waze or Google maps for me. Went to OPC for sat system upgrade and they wanted ~300 quid or so. And as mentioned, even the latest greatest updates are out of date....

Err, just leave it thanks :)

What are the thoughts on updating with the NM Automotive apple car play retrofit? It does look tempting but is not cheap.

Denso

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe-nee-g
Back