Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

It's been a blast!

ualla

Silverstone
UPDATE 14/07: I have given all items away now, sorry!

Hi all,

I know I haven't been very active in the past year or so on the forum here, but I have found it a great place to come when in need. So thank you to all for your help!

Yesterday I sold my lovely 996. I had her for almost 3 years and have loved every minute of owning her. It was a tough moment but I felt the urge to buy a much newer car (it is my first to be fair).

As my car is now gone, I have a few extra bits and bobs that I would be happy to give to whoever would like to give them a good home, you just need to come pick them in SW London:
- Brand new never used set of car mats
- Brand new never mounted Kenwood 13cm door speakers
- Used but still in very good state Michelin Pilot Alpin 4 winter tires

If anybody is interested in any of the above items please do pm me and I'm happy to provide more details/photos before making the trip.

It might not be on a first come fist serve basis. Anybody that has helped me in the past on this forum will get preferential treatment :)

Thanks all and looking forward to the day I move back to Porsche!

What colour are the mats? If they're black, I'm be interested?

Mike

maldren said:
What colour are the mats? If they're black, I'm be interested?

Mike

Hey Mike, yep, they're all black. No coloured stitching or anything. I'll try take some pics tomorrow

great that you had a good Porsche experience :thumb:

Hope you find great enjoyment in your new car - what have you got?

I would be very interested in the winter tyres as I go to the xmas markets in germany every year :)

Hi all,

sorry for the delay, work took over the poast couple of days.

I've taken some pics and will upload them as well. Below are a few moire details:

The tires have done around 5-6k miles over 2 winters. The front tires have around 8mm tread left in the middle (maybe 1mm less on the inside) while the rear tires have about 7mm left in the middle. The front tires are from week 38 of 2017 while the rear tires are week 34 of 2017. On a side note I'll be keeping the tire covers as they are super useful.
Sizes are as follows:
225/40 R18 92W XL
265/35 R18 97V XL

The speakers are Kenwood KFC-E130P (picture included)

Floor mats are ones that I bought on ebay specifically made for the 996 (or boxster 986 I guess).

Let me know if you're interested.

Thanks!

And here are the pics...

Attachments

• img_1572_238.jpg
    img_1572_238.jpg
    688.3 KB · Views: 2,516
  • img_1574_848.jpg
    img_1574_848.jpg
    747.3 KB · Views: 2,516
  • img_1575_178.jpg
    img_1575_178.jpg
    700.4 KB · Views: 2,516
  • img_1576_942.jpg
    img_1576_942.jpg
    688.2 KB · Views: 2,516
  • img_1577_472.jpg
    img_1577_472.jpg
    496.9 KB · Views: 2,516
  • img_1578_616.jpg
    img_1578_616.jpg
    532.6 KB · Views: 2,516
INWB said:

I would be very interested in the winter tyres as I go to the xmas markets in germany every year :)

Thanks, I'm sure I will! While I love the Porsche philosophy and I know as a matter of fact that I'll get back in one at some point, I've decided to go for something very very different: Mustang.

I did the Xmas markets all over europe a couple of years ago, was great!

ualla said:
INWB said:

Thanks, I'm sure I will! While I love the Porsche philosophy and I know as a matter of fact that I'll get back in one at some point, I've decided to go for something very very different: Mustang.

After the day I've had you may be grateful you sold. New alternator and on way home oil pressure alarm went off before recovering. Not sure if I actually own an alfa in disguise !

So these tyres - how can i relieve you of them? Do you want to PM me?

I would normally call someone an idiot for going for a new car because...well.... they're all a bit "civilized" these days. However, a Mustang is most definitely one of the few exceptions.

Please tell me it's a REAL Mustang.

Hope it's good to you.

INWB said:
ualla said:
INWB said:

After the day I've had you may be grateful you sold. New alternator and on way home oil pressure alarm went off before recovering. Not sure if I actually own an alfa in disguise !

So these tyres - how can i relieve you of them? Do you want to PM me?

Oh dear, hopefully it hasn't been too serious an issue with the car. I know what you mean though. These cars are an absolute dream to drive but I was always kinda worried something was about to happen to it.

Sorry for not seeing your message earlier but a user from the forums has picked them up, sorry about that!

I now have just the speakers and I've found a brand new never used Amp. I'll update the original post to reflect that.

UncleP said:
I would normally call someone an idiot for going for a new car because...well.... they're all a bit "civilized" these days. However, a Mustang is most definitely one of the few exceptions.

Please tell me it's a REAL Mustang.

Hope it's good to you.

Haha, in my defence it is my first ever car that isn't at least 15 years old :D

And yes, I can confirm it is the only Mustang worth looking at, the 5.0L.

Where the Porsche was a scalpel, the Mustang is more of a chain saw. I'm still waiting to put a few more miles on it before I unleash the fuill potential, I can already tell it is pretty brutal.

There's a fella nr where I work who has a V8 Mustang. Sounds bloomin fantastic.

It does sound fantastic. I'd almost argue that my 996 with Dansk exhausts sounded fantastic as well, it did get a bit much on long journeys.

I am now thankful for 'Quiet' mode for my exhaust now :floor:

Has yours got the exhaust with something extraordinary like 6 modes, or is that a special one?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back