Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Low hanging tips...

Whitehorse

Hello all,

One side was lower than the other so I replaced the mounts, easy job. However when I finished and stood back, the bloody thing was still low, if anything, slightly lower again.

Any ideas?

Is the tip tight on the exhaust as there can be a small amount of play that needs adjusting?
Assuming that the new mount is sound then could that side of the car have taken a small knock that may have resulted in a slightly bent pipe?

If they're lower than when you started I'd question the correct fitting of the mounts.

There is a spacer on the 997.2 that needs to be removed - is that the same on the .1 and you've left it in there?

It's an age thing - seem lots of older models with this issue.....

Thanks for the replies, its a gen1 car. Tip is tight and all checked this morning and fitted correctly.

I've owned it for 10 years now and with only 44k on the clock, I'm wondering if it could be something else?

I'd noticed that the handling was not as secure as it used to be and after checking tyres, shocks etc. I decided to change the mounts. On inspection, the left hand side of the engine does appear to sit lower? or is it just my imagination?? Paranoia might be creeping in :?:

Is the same amount of thread showing on both of the main bolts?

Then unless one of the replacement units has failed (unlikely as you've confirmed gearchange feels good) then you're probably good to go.

Giff said:
Then unless one of the replacement units has failed (unlikely as you've confirmed gearchange feels good) then you're probably good to go.

Gear change is much crisper

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back