Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Driving a 993 on a sunny summer''s day

Albionmuz

Barcelona
Does is it get any better?

As a Targa it is imo, perfection

Just back from a blast around the lanes of West Sussex and feeling the love. Moving between the rifle bolt gear changes and blatting it every now and again whilst feeling part of the car, especially on acceleration and cornering. Nothing gung ho and dangerous just man and machine on a beautiful summer's day.

That's all, apologies for the self indulgent thread :D

tyinsky said:
Sounds a great way to spend a few hours to me!

Not in the same ballpark as your US trip though!

'Envious"

I have to say I didn't know what to expect from the Targa experience, having spent the past 3-4yrs on a rebuild it was a little bit of a leap of faith.

My car is done and having spent a limited amount of time driving it I must say I love the Targa roof, and of course the rest of the car. Makes all the time and money investment worthwhile.

The roof works so well, I guess it should as I had to rebuild it as it was broken when I bought it, it's had all new seals and various parts, lubricated where required etc etc.

The 993 in whatever form is an amazing car and ownership experience, enjoy your cars this summer chaps.

Trev

Albionmuz said:

Just back from a blast around the lanes of West Sussex and feeling the love. Moving between the rifle bolt gear changes and blatting it every now and again whilst feeling part of the car, especially on acceleration and cornering. Nothing gung ho and dangerous just man and machine on a beautiful summer's day.

993 Targa blasting around the lanes of West Sussex? Where are the pics man?! I was hoping for a moody sunset shot over the weald :thumb:

MattyR said:
Albionmuz said:

993 Targa blasting around the lanes of West Sussex? Where are the pics man?! I was hoping for a moody sunset shot over the weald :thumb:

Good point, well made. I am away for a couple of weeks but the next early morning blast will have photos taken and posted :thumbs:

I miss my 993 Targa :sad:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back