Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Getting hold of a new Spyder

easternjets

Paul Ricard
Has anyone put their names down or forward for the new 718 GT4 or Spyder?

I see people are bleating already that they have to be approved and put on a waiting list and it looks like they won't get on 'the list'. Mind you they won't be cheap and they probably only want to 'flip' them.

I think OPC allocations are already gone, in theory anyway. I know someone who has an allocation for a Spyder, and he's had it for months.

Not all OPC's have allocated, to date most of those that have been informed seem to be Spyder buyers.

The GT4 will be run up the hill at Goodwood FOS

Production is also being split across 2 build slots that spans 2019/2020. - Those that will get a 2019 allocation, very limited, will be told soon, those that will get a 2020 allocation, larger build slot, will have to wait longer.

Will I get one, :dont know: - But you have got to be in it, to win it!

I'm surprised that anyone has actually been told they have an allocation - unless it is a very very recent confirmation. I had heard the dealers will only know their actual allocations for the extended production run once it has been officially launched - at the FOS - and that only then do they start to confirm allocations. However I suspect if you have been a particularly good returning customer over the last few years then you might already know. Also, I hadn't appreciated the new car was going to be a heavy-weight machine. A lot of the appeal of the 981 is that they reduced the weight and upped the power, as well as improving on or eradicating the shortcomings of say the GTS.

will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

Oh, and a message for anyone who is definitely getting a car - can you please spec it properly this time, Finding used 981 Spyders that aren't on a poverty spec is a right pain for us that only get the cast offs. I want to see reversing camera, leather dash, PCM, Bose, seat heaters, dual zone climate as an absolute minimum - then PCCB for extra marks :thumbs:

:grin:

PS - from playing on the configurator, I'd suggest that an all in price north of £90k means you are getting the spec about right... :p

Awwww it was just getting interesting :grin:

Anyway to answer the question, no chance unless it's second hand :thumb:

I just asked the dealership I bought my 991 from about a Spyder and was told (very nicely) that as I wasn't in their locale - they would be prohibited from selling me one. Regardless of any allocation. Shame. :nooo:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back