Welcome to 911UK
The only place for Porsche, 911uk is the definitive enthusiast and resource site for the Porsche 911.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so join up today for full access to the site and benefit from latest member offers.

Porsche Classifieds
Sell Your Porsche on 911uk
Create a Free Classified Advert
Search Ads
Classified Adverts FAQ
Trade Classified Information
Buyer & Seller Fraud Protection
Consumer Rights Act
Pre Purchase Inspection (PPI)
Porsche Car Sourcing
Porsche Cars Wanted
Official Porsche Centre Reviews
Model
Stock
Porsche 911
992 : 2019- 0
991 : 2011- 22
997 : 2004- 64
996 : 1997-2005 32
993 : 1993-1998 5
964 : 1989-1993 2
Carrera 3.2 : 1983-1989 3
Carrera SC : 1977-1983 2
930 Turbo : 1975-1989 1
Early 911 : 1964-1977 1
Porsche Other Models
Classic : 1950-1965 0
Boxster : 1997- 30
Cayman : 2005- 22
Cayenne : 2003- 6
Macan : 2014- 8
Panamera : 2009- 0
912-914-924-928-944-968 1
959 - CarreraGT - RaceCar 0
Car Parts For Sale & Wanted
Other Items For Sale & Wanted
Wheels Tyres For Sale & Wanted
Number Plates For Sale Wanted

Porsche Services
Porsche Body Shop Repair
Paint Protection & Wrapping
Porsche Classic Insurance
Porsche Classic Parts
Porsche Classic Restoration
Porsche Design Collection
Porsche Engine Gearbox Rebuild
Porsche Heritage & History
Porsche News
Porsche Picture Gallery
Win a New Porsche 911

Porsche Parts
Body Parts, Body Styling
Brakes, Clearance
Electrical, Exhausts
Engine Cooling, Engine Electrical
Engine Rebuild, Heating Cooling
Interior Incar, Lighting
Rubber Seals, Service Parts
Steering, Suspension
Transmission, Workshop Tools
Early 911, 911 - 930, 928 - 968
964 - 993, 996 - 997, Boxster
Cayman, Cayenne, Panamera

Porsche Model Range
911 [992] 2018-Current
Porsche 911 [992]
911 [991] 2011-2019
Porsche 911 [991]
911 [997] 2004-2012
Porsche 911 [997]
911 [GT] GT1-GT2-GT3
Porsche 911 [GT]
911 [996] 1997-2005
Porsche 911 [996]
911 [993] 1993-1998
Porsche 911 [993]
911 [RS] RS-RSR
Porsche 911 [RS]
911 [964] 1989-1993
Porsche 911 [964]
911 3.2 1983-1989
Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera
911 SC 1977-1983
Porsche 911 SC
911 [Early] 1964-1977
Porsche 911 [Early]
Boxster & Cayman
Porsche Boxster & Cayman
Cayenne & Panamera
Porsche Cayenne & Panamera

911uk Site Partners

Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
991.2GTS
Spa-Francorchamps


Joined: 02 Apr 2019
Posts: 356
Location: Yorkshire


PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spongebob squarepants wrote:
991.2GTS wrote:
DRZ911 wrote:
991.2GTS wrote:
Going into Leeds tomorrow to look at this:

https://finder.porsche.com/gb/en_GB/911-GT3-91601

Not keen on the door handles, or interior Crayon trim, but other than that it’s bob on. They’ve offered me £92k for my GTS in p/x. That’s quite a hit after only 5 months and 6k miles........ Confused

When I’m sat in it tomorrow, providing it’s still there, I just know the teenage boy inside me is going to forget economics and roll over. I need to be strong.............arghhhhhhhh.

Lovely car. Thumb

Do it! Do it! Do it! Laughing Laughing Laughing


It is, I’ve been waiting for a Crayon one too. Thumb


It’s stunning true but it’s in manual price range....... (even presuming you want PDK) Grin Cant help feeling the .2 PDK is going to take a hit v the .2 manual long term. Dont know


PDK is my preferred option, the spec on that is as close to what I would have specc’d myself as I’ve seen, so it’s now or never maybe. Not too concerned about residuals, this is all heart and no head really. If any logic was used at all I’d be buying a Kia for under £10k with a 7 year warranty.

As regards an RS, its a step too far for me. I’ll have enough trouble taming a GT3, put me in an RS and a ditch is the likely destination.
_________________
2019 991.2 C4 GTS - Crayon
2019 Macan Turbo - Volcano Grey
2019 VW Up! GTI - White

Ex 2018 991.2 GT3 - Crayon (Well, for 26 days anyway.....)
Ex 2018 Macan GTS - Volcano Grey
Ex 2016 Macan Diesel S - Black

Last edited by 991.2GTS on Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
991.2GTS
Spa-Francorchamps


Joined: 02 Apr 2019
Posts: 356
Location: Yorkshire


PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posted twice, can a Mod delete. Thanks.
_________________
2019 991.2 C4 GTS - Crayon
2019 Macan Turbo - Volcano Grey
2019 VW Up! GTI - White

Ex 2018 991.2 GT3 - Crayon (Well, for 26 days anyway.....)
Ex 2018 Macan GTS - Volcano Grey
Ex 2016 Macan Diesel S - Black
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
pzero
General
General


Joined: 18 Jul 2010
Posts: 5508
Location: London


PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

991.2GTS wrote:
Posted twice, can a Mod delete. Thanks.


No! Just go and buy it ffs.
_________________
991.1 Carrera GTS
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Kev.K
Silverstone


Joined: 31 Jan 2013
Posts: 128



PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spongebob squarepants wrote:
Kev.K wrote:
NLW73 wrote:
Kev.K wrote:
spongebob squarepants wrote:
Putting the tidy women aside these mid 70k 997 GT3 are looking tempting Very Happy Wheres all the yellow ones though Mad Why so many boring colours out there!


I’ve been thinking the same looking at 991’s. Seems the bold colours are reserved for the RS.


You can get a decent wrap for about £2k now so you can then get what you want.


True. I’d probably put the 2k towards ridiculously expensive carbon parts though.

Now I’ve started looking properly, silver is really growing on me.

991.1 gt3 seem good value, but I’m not so sure with the engine issues. Not bad if you can find one that has had replacement.


So one with a replacement engine, is the issue fixed? Dont know


I thought I read so. Guess I read wrong.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Kev.K
Silverstone


Joined: 31 Jan 2013
Posts: 128



PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

991.2GTS wrote:
Going into Leeds tomorrow to look at this:

https://finder.porsche.com/gb/en_GB/911-GT3-91601

Not keen on the door handles, or interior Crayon trim, but other than that it’s bob on. They’ve offered me £92k for my GTS in p/x. That’s quite a hit after only 5 months and 6k miles........ Confused

When I’m sat in it tomorrow, providing it’s still there, I just know the teenage boy inside me is going to forget economics and roll over. I need to be strong.............arghhhhhhhh.


Lovely car.

You only live once.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
HSC911
Long Beach


Joined: 23 Jul 2014
Posts: 6690
Location: Bedford


PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kev.K wrote:
Lovely car.

You only live once.


Agree
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
spongebob squarepants
Zolder


Joined: 20 Dec 2009
Posts: 5916
Location: Manchester and Iraq


PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

991.2GTS wrote:
spongebob squarepants wrote:
991.2GTS wrote:
DRZ911 wrote:
991.2GTS wrote:
Going into Leeds tomorrow to look at this:

https://finder.porsche.com/gb/en_GB/911-GT3-91601

Not keen on the door handles, or interior Crayon trim, but other than that it’s bob on. They’ve offered me £92k for my GTS in p/x. That’s quite a hit after only 5 months and 6k miles........ Confused

When I’m sat in it tomorrow, providing it’s still there, I just know the teenage boy inside me is going to forget economics and roll over. I need to be strong.............arghhhhhhhh.

Lovely car. Thumb

Do it! Do it! Do it! Laughing Laughing Laughing


It is, I’ve been waiting for a Crayon one too. Thumb


It’s stunning true but it’s in manual price range....... (even presuming you want PDK) Grin Cant help feeling the .2 PDK is going to take a hit v the .2 manual long term. Dont know


PDK is my preferred option, the spec on that is as close to what I would have specc’d myself as I’ve seen, so it’s now or never maybe. Not too concerned about residuals, this is all heart and no head really. If any logic was used at all I’d be buying a Kia for under £10k with a 7 year warranty.

As regards an RS, its a step too far for me. I’ll have enough trouble taming a GT3, put me in an RS and a ditch is the likely destination.


Boom the crayon it is then worship worship
_________________
991 C2S PDK with X51 430 powerkit, PCCB, PDCC, PSE, Carrera S alloys, Sports design package with ducktail.
“Herman yellow, the last of the naturally aspirated. You know it makes sense"



Apparently other colours are available?

 
  
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
   
991.2GTS
Spa-Francorchamps


Joined: 02 Apr 2019
Posts: 356
Location: Yorkshire


PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only gone and ***** done it! Pick it up Monday. The test drive sold it, that engine is immense, went through a couple of tunnels and the noise left me with a semi-on.

Front end has been PPF'd too, which is a bonus. A couple of cosmetic issues on the driver side sill in front of the rear wheel and the ppf panel, which will be sorted by Monday.

I ended up trading in the Macan, as a facelifted Macan GTS is just around the corner, and the residuals on that were very good. Plus, I've only had the 911 GTS a few months, and I stood to lose £25k with just five months driving, so I decided to keep that. I'm a lucky boy and it hasn't quite sunk in yet.

And if that wasn't enough, they've given me a brand new Panamera E Hybrid Sport Turismo as a loaner until Monday. I'm like a pig in *****.......

Here's some pics of the new motor, plus some highlights from Leeds OPC.
_________________
2019 991.2 C4 GTS - Crayon
2019 Macan Turbo - Volcano Grey
2019 VW Up! GTI - White

Ex 2018 991.2 GT3 - Crayon (Well, for 26 days anyway.....)
Ex 2018 Macan GTS - Volcano Grey
Ex 2016 Macan Diesel S - Black
 



IMG_20190730_143546-2.jpg
 Description:
991.2 GT3 - Crayon
 Filesize:  1.3 MB
 Viewed:  1745 Time(s)

IMG_20190730_143546-2.jpg



IMG_20190730_142933-2.jpg
 Description:
A dream realised........
 Filesize:  1.59 MB
 Viewed:  1745 Time(s)

IMG_20190730_142933-2.jpg



IMG_20190730_131318.jpg
 Description:
356
 Filesize:  1.46 MB
 Viewed:  1745 Time(s)

IMG_20190730_131318.jpg



IMG_20190730_130730.jpg
 Description:
356
 Filesize:  1.31 MB
 Viewed:  1745 Time(s)

IMG_20190730_130730.jpg



IMG_20190730_130716.jpg
 Description:
993 Gemballa
 Filesize:  1.58 MB
 Viewed:  1745 Time(s)

IMG_20190730_130716.jpg



IMG_20190730_130657.jpg
 Description:
There's always someone with a better car......
 Filesize:  1.39 MB
 Viewed:  1745 Time(s)

IMG_20190730_130657.jpg



IMG_20190730_164157.jpg
 Description:
Panamera E-Hybrid Sport Turismo
 Filesize:  1.75 MB
 Viewed:  1745 Time(s)

IMG_20190730_164157.jpg


  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Kev.K
Silverstone


Joined: 31 Jan 2013
Posts: 128



PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

991.2GTS wrote:
I've only gone and ***** done it! Pick it up Monday. The test drive sold it, that engine is immense, went through a couple of tunnels and the noise left me with a semi-on.

Front end has been PPF'd too, which is a bonus. A couple of cosmetic issues on the driver side sill in front of the rear wheel and the ppf panel, which will be sorted by Monday.

I ended up trading in the Macan, as a facelifted Macan GTS is just around the corner, and the residuals on that were very good. Plus, I've only had the 911 GTS a few months, and I stood to lose £25k with just five months driving, so I decided to keep that. I'm a lucky boy and it hasn't quite sunk in yet.

And if that wasn't enough, they've given me a brand new Panamera E Hybrid Sport Turismo as a loaner until Monday. I'm like a pig in *****......

Here's some pics of the new motor, plus some highlights from Leeds OPC.


Congratulations thumbsup

Thought it was white when I seen the ad. Love crayon. worship

Last edited by Kev.K on Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
spongebob squarepants
Zolder


Joined: 20 Dec 2009
Posts: 5916
Location: Manchester and Iraq


PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe two in crayon a GTS and a GT3 Grin boom!
_________________
991 C2S PDK with X51 430 powerkit, PCCB, PDCC, PSE, Carrera S alloys, Sports design package with ducktail.
“Herman yellow, the last of the naturally aspirated. You know it makes sense"



Apparently other colours are available?

 
  
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
   
HSC911
Long Beach


Joined: 23 Jul 2014
Posts: 6690
Location: Bedford


PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

worship

Congrats
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
DRZ911
Barcelona


Joined: 13 Mar 2013
Posts: 1467
Location: Belfast


PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many congratulations, and health to drive. Cool

The GT3 noise alone sold it to me too. thumbsup
_________________
991 Gen 2 GT3 Racing Yellow
Yamaha R1 and BMW R100RS
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
apollokre1d
Sepang


Joined: 06 Nov 2012
Posts: 2995
Location: United Kingdom


PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, well done Smile
_________________
Black 997 Turbo Manual
Black 997 C4S Manual - Sold
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
GlenB
Silverstone


Joined: 20 Jul 2018
Posts: 118



PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice! Well done, and keeping the GTS to boot is a nice bonus Cheers
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
spongebob squarepants
Zolder


Joined: 20 Dec 2009
Posts: 5916
Location: Manchester and Iraq


PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did you find Leeds OPC? tbf i thought they were brilliant, dealt with Vinny he too was excellent.
_________________
991 C2S PDK with X51 430 powerkit, PCCB, PDCC, PSE, Carrera S alloys, Sports design package with ducktail.
“Herman yellow, the last of the naturally aspirated. You know it makes sense"



Apparently other colours are available?

 
  
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
   
991.2GTS
Spa-Francorchamps


Joined: 02 Apr 2019
Posts: 356
Location: Yorkshire


PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spongebob squarepants wrote:
How did you find Leeds OPC? tbf i thought they were brilliant, dealt with Vinny he too was excellent.


They were very good. Dealt with Richard and Dean, who also sold me the GTS. We didn’t get off to the best start then, as there was some miscommunication regarding delivery dates etc. and I didn’t think the service was quite up to scratch. But they gave me some free tyre and alloy insurance, and things improved.

Since then Richard has been first rate. Called me out of the blue with tickets and Porsche hospitality at Croft for the BTCC a few weeks ago. And spent most of the day with me today and took me for quite a lengthy test drive. And even though they didn’t bend as much as I’d have liked them to, I did get some relief and the warranty extended until Jan 2022. Ultimately, as a customer, I enjoyed the experience.

As regards Vinny, I met him at Croft a few weeks ago. Saw him again today and we had a chat, he’s a good lad.
_________________
2019 991.2 C4 GTS - Crayon
2019 Macan Turbo - Volcano Grey
2019 VW Up! GTI - White

Ex 2018 991.2 GT3 - Crayon (Well, for 26 days anyway.....)
Ex 2018 Macan GTS - Volcano Grey
Ex 2016 Macan Diesel S - Black

Last edited by 991.2GTS on Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:38 am; edited 1 time in total
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Zingari
Brands Hatch
Brands Hatch


Joined: 25 Oct 2009
Posts: 13029
Location: Cheshire

1993 Porsche 964 Anniversary

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one chum Thumb some lovely classics in that showroom - but they come at a price £220k for the 356 if memory serves what
_________________
The game's afoot. It's time to put a bit of (Colini) stick about......Why RUF when you can WUF
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
991.2GTS
Spa-Francorchamps


Joined: 02 Apr 2019
Posts: 356
Location: Yorkshire


PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zingari wrote:
Nice one chum Thumb some lovely classics in that showroom - but they come at a price £220k for the 356 if memory serves what


Thanks pal. Smile

The 356's were stunning and all £200k+, the 993 Gemballa was £400k, the 918 was £950K and they also had a Carerra GT in too, at £650k. They also had a trio of red 930's in.

They did say that the market was slow though, and some of the 356's they'd had in for quite a while.
_________________
2019 991.2 C4 GTS - Crayon
2019 Macan Turbo - Volcano Grey
2019 VW Up! GTI - White

Ex 2018 991.2 GT3 - Crayon (Well, for 26 days anyway.....)
Ex 2018 Macan GTS - Volcano Grey
Ex 2016 Macan Diesel S - Black
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Y2K
Montreal


Joined: 08 Mar 2016
Posts: 536
Location: Hampshire


PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

991.2GTS wrote:
I've only gone and ***** done it! Pick it up Monday.


Outstanding. Cool
_________________
2005 996 GT3 mk2
1999 Integra DC2
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Diggermeister
Nürburgring


Joined: 26 May 2015
Posts: 467



PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations. FWIW were I buying a 991 GT3, I think I would actually be inclined to go PDK, as big a fan of manuals as I am, I think the whole platform and all the systems were honed to suit that transmission and, having used one, I like the way they work.

Interested to know what you think about the Panamera E-Hybrid Sport Turismo. It's on my company car list (as in I own the firm, so I can list what I like) and looks handy for lugging the dog and mountain bike about.

Panamera E-Hybrid Sport Turismo - could they make that name any longer?!!!

Panamera E-Hybrid Sport Satsuma 4x4 Turismo
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic   All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum