Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

changing exhaust headers on 997 3.8s

NLW73

anyone done this change from oem?

mine are looking worse for wear and wondering if they are the same as the 996 3.4, 3.6 and 997 3.6 headers for the 3.8? they look the same.

any help or links to where to buy welcome.

NW

Put Cargraphics on mine C4S earlier this year while the car was at Hartech and
the engine was out, along with PPBBs titanium studs.

My whole system is now Cargraphic (non flap, quiet version), and I'm very
happy with it.

I got from the USA some stainless steel X51 headers for my gen1 but it seems they are no longer made, so I would be looking at OE X51 headers over the other options you mention they are the same shape as the 997.1 3.6 headers but a bigger bore. They also due to shape offer better road clearance than other types. :thumb:[/quote]:thumb:

Attachments

• x51headersandpse_150.jpg
    x51headersandpse_150.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 1,971
:pc: dup post :eek:

You don't mention if DIY or Indy - it's a pig of a job and will most likely need a jig to drill out the bolts.
Personally, unless they've failed I'd lave it well alone, since you'll also need to tackle the rest of the exhaust hardware too.

jonno_ said:
You don't mention if DIY or Indy - it's a pig of a job and will most likely need a jig to drill out the bolts.
Personally, unless they've failed I'd lave it well alone, since you'll also need to tackle the rest of the exhaust hardware too.

Oh will defo go to my Indy. He needs to get it up on ramp to see how bad the bolts are

I have already done 200 cell cats and it has non oem sports mufflers that are only 18 months old so it's all been off recently with new bolts

Hertsdriver said:
Got a price today from opc for x51 manifolds, £463.65 each plus vat,
In stock👍

Are both sides in stock? I phoned up last year, there was 1 side in stock in Germany and the other was on back order - wasn't sure whether they'd finished the production run for them.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mint_Sauce
Back