Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996.1 Aero Kit & Carrera Badge

jimb007

My aero-kitted 996.1 came without an engine cover badge. Most of the time I like it like that but sometimes it looks a little bland.

I've got hold of a Carrera script vinyl sticker off eBay so I can see if I like the look with the badge in place.

Would someone with an aero kit and a Carrera badge be kind enough to measure the distance from the bottom of the engine cover to the bottom of the badge so I can get an idea of the correct placement?

I'd also like to know the length of the Carrera badge as I'm not sure how close the sticker is to the correct size.

Cheers

Hi Jimb007

I'm sure my 2001 badge is original and hasn't been repaired or replaced at any time.
Carrera badge is 260mm from end to end and 30mm up from bottom of the engine cover. There is 20mm between Carrera and 4

Regards

Dave

Fleetman said:
I'm sure my 2001 badge is original and hasn't been repaired or replaced at any time.
Carrera badge is 260mm from end to end and 30mm up from bottom of the engine cover. There is 20mm between Carrera and 4

Dave - that's perfect. Thanks for taking the time to measure.

Cheers - James

The vinyl badge is temporary.

Here is the result - with or without?

nobadge.jpg

badge.jpg

With for me looks better

Imho looks loads better with a badge.

Definitely with. Mine came without and I replaced it.

I like the look with the badge and now have the real thing

Cheers everyone

genbadge.jpg

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back