Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Help with a part number

Cayenne74

Trainee
Wondering if anyone can help with a part number? My wife decided to drive the car along a metal gate at the weekend with the handle and the bottom of the rear nearside door taking the brunt. The handle has been badly scraped to the alu section on its lower half but what also happened was that the coloured handle insert got badly scraped and popped out bursting a couple of the plastic lugs that hold it in place. It looks too flimsy to paint and looks like it's an item you buy pre-coloured as it is moulded plastic. I have a Porsche parts PDF for my model year of car (2006) but looking at the pages where it details the handles it only appears to show solid alu or solid black as options. In the diagram the handle does not have the coloured insert or any reference to it. Can anyone help? I'm assuming the handles were the same from 03 to 09 for both the 955 and 957s with the only difference being the actual coloured insert and whether or not you opted for the black or alu finish to the handle body itself?

If anyone has access to the info I'd be grateful to discover what the part number is for a 2006 MY coloured insert to the NSR door in Lapis Blue. Thanks in advance.

I searched and i couldn't find it either .. your best bet .. phone an OPC parts dept. , explain the part and let them do the work .. often better to let them phone you back as bits like this are a pain to find.

It's probably best to get from an OPC anyways .

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I was thinking OPC for it anyway but thought being fore armed with the part number might have been easier for them. As you say let them do the work I guess!

Still raging it's happened to be honest. I was all set to do some paintwork correction this weekend with my new DA polisher but no point now.....

Managed to source one the same colour as the car from Status Porsche. Second hand but in good condition. They are a good resource for anyone looking for second hand parts.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ansonslchang
Back