Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

F1 Canadian GP

T8

Super Moderator
I wonder how long the debate on that stewards decision will go on for. :?:

Initially, like 99% of people, I thought it was farce and despite being a big LH fan thought Seb had been robbed.

With hindsight my thoughts are that Seb did gain an unfair advantage especially as at some circuits he would have hit a wall making that sort of mistake.

I also wonder if Ferrari had ordered Seb to give the place up straight away the stewards would have just let them race it out to the end. :dont know:

Not sure what else SV could have done.
Either way, LH couldn't get his claim in to the stewards any quicker than he did. Kind of negates his faux show of inviting SV onto the top step of the podium come presentation time.

Having watched Vettels in car cockpit footage over and over and over again, I`m convinced he deliberately rejoined the racing line in front of Hamilton and then squeezed him into the wall. Whatever the penalty, it robbed the fans of a fair and proper race to the finish line :judge:

Absolute farce in my opinion, I'm slowly but surely falling out of love with F1. :wall: :pc:

kurlykris said:
Having watched Vettels in car cockpit footage over and over and over again, I`m convinced he deliberately rejoined the racing line in front of Hamilton and then squeezed him into the wall. Whatever the penalty, it robbed the fans of a fair and proper race to the finish line :judge:

Pretty much what LH said......

I didn't watch any of it and don't follow F1 much, but I did just watch Vettel Changing the boards round between 1st and 2nd on the 10 o' clock news :floor:

On a different note, that Mishal Husain who does the news floats my boat. :)

pzero said:
Not sure what else SV could have done.

Either way, LH couldn't get his claim in to the stewards any quicker than he did. Kind of negates his faux show of inviting SV onto the top step of the podium come presentation time.

SV did all he had to do to stop having a major accident but by doing so he did gain an advantage and I could understand it if that was why he got the penalty. The whole 'rejoining the track unsafely' thing seems a nonsense.

Regarding your second point - I can't disagree.

I've just watched the race and my view is that for safety sake SV did the right thing. If he'd tried to hug the left hand side whilst rejoicing, there is a risk on spinning the car right in front of LH with all the crap that would have been on his tyres.
I was a racing incident with no penalty required. Ruined what would have been a decent race.

Let's face it, if you have to give just one of them a slap, it would be a hard choice as for which one to pick.....

^^^^^^^^ haha

I think Smelly Finger knew what he was doing, what any racer would have done, closed the door on him.

Yet again he folds under pressure from Lewis. Anyways, was a skanky win, should have just let them race on IMO.

Will all be forgotten in a few races time, by which time, i'll take the win.

mikeluke said:
Let's face it, if you have to give just one of them a slap, it would be a hard choice as for which one to pick.....

^^^^^^^
This.

pzero said:
mikeluke said:

^^^^^^^
This.
:yes: :agree: :grin:

Gray79 said:
Absolute farce in my opinion, I'm slowly but surely falling out of love with F1. :wall: :pc:
+1 :nooo:

No doubt in my view that Seb made a mistake under pressure.

Lewis clearly had to back off as Seb rejoined the track.
So in my opinion, Lewis would have gone through and Seb would have had to chase him down if he wanted the position back, you know... like actually racing.

However Seb chose to open out the steering, kept his right foot in and left Lewis to make allowances for the red cars new trajectory. Seb knew Lewis was all over him just before his off and had every reason to know where Lewis was most likely to be on track. However he chose to act as if he were completely on his own with no regard for his competitor. Seb could and should have rejoined with more consideration for others, he made a mistake, there are consequences and if he doesn't recognise that, then that is precisely why the stewards had to step in.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back