Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Auto Unlock & 1 Touch Windows 996 4s (2003)

Harvster

Morning all,

I have a couple of questions which I have done a search on but cannot seem to find a definitive answer on, or if indeed either of the below are possible:

1) When I drive off, the doors automatically lock. This means that when I come to a stop, the interior handle requires two pulls to exit the car, one to unlock and the second to open. I have got used to this but the wife clearly hasn't, because every time she tries to get out she almost snaps the handle off wondering why it hasn't opened. Is there any way to either disable the auto lock or get it to auto lock once I turn the engine off?

2) Both driver and passenger windows drop all the way down with one click of the switch, but only the driver window returns with one click. I have to hold the passenger switch until the window has fully returned. Is this a fault or is it normal? Can it be changed?

Thank you as always in advance.

1 / it's a coding thing .. yours is set to lock on drive off .. it can be set to lock with ignition on or not at all .

You need a tester connected to alter the coding to what you wish .. alarm functions from memory .

2 / I assume you mean one touch .. drivers and passengers are doing what they should do .. one touch on the passengers side will only work from half way closed .. it's a safety feature so no one gets their head in the window on a one touch operation .

It can't be changed .

yep i know it dont make sense but that's what it is :)

DeMort,

Thank you once again.

1) Is it possible to have it set to lock when I drive off and unlock when I turn the engine off, that would be the most ideal, otherwise I think I will just turn it off.

2) Damn, I only wanted to trap the wife's head in the door if she snapped my handle off in relation to the above point!!! Joke, at least I now know its not a fault! :D

1/ Im afraid not , if it locks on drive off then you need to press the lock button or double pull the door handle to exit the car .

2 / .. i can't comment on this :D

Thank you once again deMort, always very helpful.

I will try and get this coding changed to turn off the auto lock... In the meantime I will make sure I manually unlock the doors before she attempts to let herself out...

:worship:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back