Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bananadrama

chimp911

Zandvoort
It has been a hectic few weeks so I've only just managed to find the time to sit down and sort through some pictures of my new car I'd like to share with you:

Last October I waved goodbye to the ridiculously fun Tango, a brilliant but flawed hooligan that never failed to make me giggle:

What followed was last minute flight to Bologna, a factory tour dribbling over the SVJ assembly line, an impatient wait for Sue Barker to deliberate on her Urus carpets (aeroplane blond, just sayin' :roll: ) and an 11th hour argument with mini-chimp over the colour (whatever colour you can pay for son :puh: ) before the spec was locked and loaded - and then the agonising wait began over the long cold winter for my new toy...

...Fast forward the best part of 6 months and the Banana eventually arrives:

On collection day I didn't even get chance to sit in the car before it was whisked straight onto a transporter headed for Portimao:

Car was superb, so planted, epic grip, wonderful symphony from the glorious v10, but a pax ride in this beast put me in my place - a truly amazing car:

Anyway, tyres were looking a bit ropey after a few heat cycles so after barely 400 miles a new set were required!

Then it was temporary numberplate on to head off to the Isle of Man for a few runs over the mountain (in between the inevitable closures to mop up a few over-zealous bikers):

Next week sees me heading over to Spain and Portugal to see how the Banana fares against the gone but never forgotten Tango, but first impressions are that this new one is simply...err...bananas... :grin:

Anyway, I hope you don't mind me gushing over my new p&j - and I must credit Ross, Tanvir, Tim and few others with a far better eye than I for a good snap! :worship:

Stunning, can't wait to see and hear it in the flesh.

MC

Thanks mate, yeah I'm hoping Frank can pick a date where I'm actually free to pop along 👍

chimp911 said:
Thanks mate, yeah I'm hoping Frank can pick a date where I'm actually free to pop along 👍
🖕 send me a pm with your July availability :thumb:

Awesome mate......just awesome!! Showed it our Jake before, who's response was also Jesus H Christ. He's gutted you can't make it next Saturday. Anyways, have an amazing trip next week.

I'll not ask what your right hand was doing.......good job the mirrors weren't folded up! :grin:

47985375792_bfa93a0d9f_k.jpg

:floor:

I was a little er, excited :oops:

Yeah, a shame about next week but July should be ok, first weekend is best for me :thumb:

Soooooperb... just soooooperb.... Brightens up a grey Sunday hereabouts :thumbs:

Absolutely stunning motor Chimp, major congratulations.

noticed RHD not LHD for all your European trips?
:thumbs: :worship:

Thanks 😊

Yes my other car is LHD but that was more of a financial decision rather than a practical one - I'm quite comfortable driving on either side of the road or car...

Yowser, just amazing, congrats! :worship:

Well done, and snap, we seem to have similar taste in cars.. (though I missed out on the Fezza)!

Anyway enjoy in good health, the Performante was the only car that was a significant difference to the TurboS, imo...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back