Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New calliper studs for 997.1 GT3 RS

martinr007

Hi,

I'm wanting to take my discs off and am considering whether to get new OEM calliper retaining bolts, re-use the existing ones (I've read they're supposed to be single use) or get cup type studs.

If I go for the cup type studs (I like the thought of not worrying about stripping the threads in the uprights) can anyone let me know where I can buy them?

Cheers,
Martin

martinr007 said:
Hi,

I'm wanting to take my discs off and am considering whether to get new OEM calliper retaining bolts, re-use the existing ones (I've read they're supposed to be single use) or get cup type studs.

If I go for the cup type studs (I like the thought of not worrying about stripping the threads in the uprights) can anyone let me know where I can buy them?

Cheers,
Martin

I have a set of these I believe in my garage some where, fitted but never actually used. My car had already had an insert installed on rear hud and it's very slightly out of line to the point you don't notice with standard bolts but the studs won't align straight enough to allow calliper to freely engage. Where are you located? If I find them you can have them will check when home Sunday.

Rear set of these

https://www.tarett.com/items/986-98...elect-/brake-caliper-stud-kit-bcsk-detail.htm

That's the ones I've been looking at but haven't been able to find any UK supplier for Tarett.

I believe it's the 85mm front studs that I need (997.1 GT3 RS).

I fitted Performance Friction front discs 5 year ago and I've noticed a rattle that's getting louder so I'd like to take them all off and check them. I thought if I'm taking them off I might as well install studs if I could.

I'm based up near Aberdeen in North Scotland, appreciate the help.

Cheers,
Martin

I'll measure them up Sunday but believe they are the rear shorter ones, I'll let you know.
From what you said it sounds like the front clip spring has lost its tension and pads rattling.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renn27
Back