Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

MAF sensor fault codes '08 Cayenne S

baldlemur

Hello
Apparently, I have the following fault codes on my 957 Cayenne S 4.8:

P1080 - air mass ahead of throttle valve, partial load (no signal)
P1094 - air mass ahead of throttle valve - implausible (below lower limit value)
P1097 - Mass air flow ahead of throttle valve (MAF1) - implausible (below lower limit value)

Looks like a new MAF sensor is required? Are there 2 sensors on a 957 Cayenne S 4.8 petrol? Is it prudent to replace both at the same time?

I notice that on Design911 the Bosch ones are much cheaper (£170) than OE Porsche ones (£560). Are the Porsche ones worth the extra? Anyone know who makes the OE ones?

Also, from a quick look at youtube, changing the sensor looks like a DIY job...am i right? Would the codes have to be cleared at OPC after replacement of the sensor(s)?

Thanks in advance
John

V6 will have x1 maf sensor whilst a V8 will have two .. i would guess that MAF1 is bank 1 so left hand side facing the car from the front .

The fault codes do seem to indicate a maf sensor fault .. im dubious an air leak would cause those readings .

yes its a diy job .

i replace whats broken or is indicated as such then test , replacing both is not warranted atm.

I would prefer the fault codes to be cleared as that will reset the adaptations as well .

Be aware a maf fault code does not always indicate a MAF Sensor fault . .

I'm afraid i use porsche parts so can't comment on non OEM.

Thanks deMort. Helpful info as always!

UPDATE

Replacing the MAF sensor worked. All fault codes cleared. :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back