Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Front quarter window (interior) seal

ch3tman

Hi all,

Can anyone confirm how the front quarter window seal is fitted?

I am hearing wind noise coming through the area highlighted blue, below, when driving.
If I press down on the highlighted area to create a seal (just at the front portion, not the whole length), the wind noise disappears.

TnWMy4b.jpg

- Should it sit very tight against the window?
- Should it be glued?
- Anyone familiar with sources that may be passing air to this area? Maybe it's simply the outer seal?

Thanks in advance!

This strip pushes into the top of the window aperture, it's one long strip that incorporates the main window with a cut out for the frame.

These strips are pushed/knocked into place however if yours is not sat well use some butyl underneath the strip to hold it nicely against the window.

Trev

Check to see if the blanking grommet (#6 below) is fitted...

Oh, and you need to update your avatar 8)

804-00_964_1989-94.gif

Chris993C2 said:
Check to see if the blanking grommet (#6 below) is fitted...
Thanks for the pointer. I can confirm it's fitted!

Cameltoe & Heel said:
This strip pushes into the top of the window aperture, it's one long strip that incorporates the main window with a cut out for the frame.

These strips are pushed/knocked into place however if yours is not sat well use some butyl underneath the strip to hold it nicely against the window.

Trev
Appreciate the break down - thank you - didn't realise it was one long strip across both door windows. I've compared to the passenger side strip, which seems to be a very snug fit against the glass, not glued, but has the 'heat shrunk to fit' appearance. The drivers side however, is loose enough to peel back with your finger nail and look down into the gap...

Thanks for the butyl tip, are you thinking tape or paste? Never used it before :? and wouldn't want to end up with this....

dommorton said:
Removed the inner scraper strip. Which again was glued in place with that nasty gummy crap.

DSC01667.jpg

DSC01668.jpg

DSC01669.jpg
^ courtesy of this thread: http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?p=521755#521755

ch3tman said:
Cameltoe & Heel said:

Trev
Thanks for the butyl tip, are you thinking tape or paste? Never used it before :?
Trev, just wanted to pass on my thanks. Having raised it with the bodyshop who had the doors apart, we took the top door trim off again and they applied very neatly what seemed like a strip of butyl tape. They mentioned it was a Porsche part which is used for the older 911s for the outer window seals. Much appreciated :thumb:.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back