Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

3.2 Carrera Film

Jackzi

Silverstone
Hi everyone,

when I'm not on the hunt for a 996 to buy (one I'm interested it is having a PPI as we speak - fingers and toes crossed), I make films about Porsches too.

I was lucky enough to have a go with a 9,900 mile 3.2 Supersport Cab and a 62k mile Coupé. Here's the film:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28wjrayxJzk

I hope you like it. And I'm incredibly grateful for all shares, likes and subs :)

Thanks for the link to the enjoyable vid... I never saw the 924 as a 911 replacement, the 944 perhaps slightly more so, though thought the 928 to be a worthy 911 successor given water cooling was about to be the only show in town with the inception of lean burn engines to cut down on emissions.

I ran a couple of SC`s over a number of years and found them to be ultra reliable "turn key" vehicles compared to other sporting cars I have had CARnal knowledge of... the Motronic kit simplified maintenance but maintenance of the SC was no big deal for anyone with reasonable mechanical understanding and with the Automotive Electric/Electronic Systems bible printed by Bosch. But then that was back in the 80`s before the interweb, today finding technical information seems somewhat simpler...?

As for the Carrera engine being 80% different from the SC.... hmm? Not sure about that perhaps had you been talking of the 964 or the later 993...? Though I guess the BIG difference in both of those compared to the Carrera was the redesign of the suspension which supposedly (?) reduced the tendency to exit corners tail first if one lifted off the throttle mid corner... oops!!

Again thanks for the link, nice camera work, though I missed the sound from the drivers perspective, I could never get enough of that... :thumb:

Good luck with your PPI.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Geoffrey Fickle
Back