Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

indispensable options for a carrera 4S

Cerora

Hi All

Porsche newbie never mind 911 newbie

What are the indispensable options on the new 992?

:welcome: to 911uk

If buying a new car I'd only worry about what is important to me.

My view is that the amount that will be lost in depreciation over a few years will make the lack of generally desirable options at the time of resale relatively unimportant.

Cerora said:
Hi All

on the S it's Sports Chrono

but dont forget there are some bits of kit that should be std they you will need to buy, dont go over board !

Cerora said:
Hi All

About £10,000+ :floor:
Joking aside, for me: Chrono, PSE, Adaptive lights, Bose, heated sports wheel and different rims.
After Chrono and PSE it's all about you and the things you like. No real benefit on resale. Interior and exterior colour will have more effect.
As already said. Buy for yourself.
Have fun!

sideways said:
Cerora said:
Hi All

About £10,000+ :floor:
Joking aside, for me: Chrono, PSE, Adaptive lights, Bose, heated sports wheel and different rims.
After Chrono and PSE it's all about you and the things you like. No real benefit on resale. Interior and exterior colour will have more effect.
As already said. Buy for yourself.
Have fun!
What's so good about adaptive lights, Sideways? Wasn't an option I was considering.

The adaptive matrix LEDs on current Porsches are like witchcraft. I have them on a new Cayenne, and I always leave them on the auto high beam option as soon as it goes dark.

Once you're travelling over about 35mph on a road without streetlights, they switch to full beam, but very effectively adjust the beam shape so they don't blind other drivers. It's bizarre to drive along a country road behind another car, seeing how the beam has a distinct hole around the car in front or any oncoming cars, but still brightly illuminates the verges far into the distance. They also steer into corners, and radically adjust the beam shape when you have the rear foglights on.

Unlike traditional auto high beam lights, I've never been flashed in the Cayenne for dazzling someone, they're that responsive and accurate. This tech makes a huge difference to your ability to safely cover ground quickly at night, so although expensive, I'd heartily recommend it.

pete_d said:
The adaptive matrix LEDs on current Porsches are like witchcraft. I have them on a new Cayenne, and I always leave them on the auto high beam option as soon as it goes dark.

Once you're travelling over about 35mph on a road without streetlights, they switch to full beam, but very effectively adjust the beam shape so they don't blind other drivers. It's bizarre to drive along a country road behind another car, seeing how the beam has a distinct hole around the car in front or any oncoming cars, but still brightly illuminates the verges far into the distance. They also steer into corners, and radically adjust the beam shape when you have the rear foglights on.

Unlike traditional auto high beam lights, I've never been flashed in the Cayenne for dazzling someone, they're that responsive and accurate. This tech makes a huge difference to your ability to safely cover ground quickly at night, so although expensive, I'd heartily recommend it.
:agree:

Michelin tyres if they even allow the choice :dont know: makes a massive difference over Pirelli :thumb:

pete_d said:
The adaptive matrix LEDs on current Porsches are like witchcraft. --- so although expensive, I'd heartily recommend it.

This is good advice. However, there are a few items that will appeal to you based on how you want to use the car and what kind of driver you are:

If you planning to track the car then I would recommend ceramics, if not then it may not be worth the cost to you, (it is to me, but then I'm convinced you can feel the unsprung weight difference).... If you like really sporty handling I would highly recommend the -10mm suspension and maybe PDCC. I would not buy a 911 without the harder suspension, I think its a fundamental part of how it drives, but some might disagree and like the softer springs, (no idea why it is a sports car; the standard springs make the car sit way too high too). Oh and if you have the choice I would also have rear steer. It adds just that little bit more feel/fun to how the car handles. This is the same for Sports Chrono, I can't recall the last time I saw a (newer) car without it.

I would recommend the full 18 way seats over the basic ones, if only for the memory seats (if your partner will use the car too), and for the way the steering wheel moves out of the way each time you get in and out of the car. It's actually really handy, but you pay for it.

A sunroof is great for resale. I note that dealer cars always have a glass roof, personally I don't like it on light coloured cars, but it is nice to have, (I have it on my current car) and it does lighten a cabin up a lot.

Sports exhaust is a must have, but I think the non-sports actually looks better. In truth, the 992 is not very loud. If you get a chance to drive a 991.1GTS you'll notice the difference.

Speakers. I love my music so I recommend the Burmester, but in truth it's a nice to have rather than a must. And the new Bose is another level from the 991 Bose. Again, all dealer cars have Bose...

Hopefully that helps in some way. It is all too easy to over spec a 911. The temptation is almost too much. I know this because I keep over doing it.....

Cup holder

:worship:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back