Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Kreide/Chalk/Crayon

991.2GTS

Imola
Does anyone know why Porsche used the name Crayon for the U.K.? In the US it's Chalk, and in Germany it's Kreide, which translates to Chalk.

I was trying to think of cultural reasons why Chalk might be undesirable to people in the U.K., but can't really think of anything obvious? :?:

Crayon is from the French "Crayeux" which is the adjective to describe the colour of chalk (as opposed to the noun "Craie" which is the item, chalk). Yes, I'm fun at parties! Does seem odd that they went with the French though - surely Chalk sounds better than Kreide though!!

squelch said:
Crayon is from the French "Crayeux" which is the adjective to describe the colour of chalk (as opposed to the noun "Craie" which is the item, chalk). Yes, I'm fun at parties! Does seem odd that they went with the French though - surely Chalk sounds better than Kreide though!!

Thank you. That's good to know and no party would be complete without spending at least an hour discussing Porsche colour options.

Crayon certainly makes more sense now. But I'm still curious as to why they went with Crayon here, but Chalk in the US. :?:

Anyway, I've emailed Porsche to see if they'll enlighten me. That'll brighten up someone's Monday morning in customer service.

The plot thickens. On the French version of their configurator, they list the colour as Craie.

Attachments

• e8920915_e2ea_4b72_952e_b505cf8ee52e_900.jpeg
    e8920915_e2ea_4b72_952e_b505cf8ee52e_900.jpeg
    379.2 KB · Views: 2,160

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanjf
Back