Welcome to 911UK
The only place for Porsche, 911uk is the definitive enthusiast and resource site for the Porsche 911.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so join up today for full access to the site and benefit from latest member offers.

Porsche Classifieds
Sell Your Porsche on 911uk
Create a Free Classified Advert
Search Ads
Classified Adverts FAQ
Trade Classified Information
Buyer & Seller Fraud Protection
Consumer Rights Act
Pre Purchase Inspection (PPI)
Porsche Car Sourcing
Porsche Cars Wanted
Official Porsche Centre Reviews
Model
Stock
Porsche 911
992 : 2019- 0
991 : 2011- 23
997 : 2004- 64
996 : 1997-2005 32
993 : 1993-1998 5
964 : 1989-1993 2
Carrera 3.2 : 1983-1989 3
Carrera SC : 1977-1983 2
930 Turbo : 1975-1989 1
Early 911 : 1964-1977 1
Porsche Other Models
Classic : 1950-1965 0
Boxster : 1997- 30
Cayman : 2005- 22
Cayenne : 2003- 6
Macan : 2014- 7
Panamera : 2009- 0
912-914-924-928-944-968 1
959 - CarreraGT - RaceCar 0
Car Parts For Sale & Wanted
Other Items For Sale & Wanted
Wheels Tyres For Sale & Wanted
Number Plates For Sale Wanted

Porsche Services
Porsche Body Shop Repair
Paint Protection & Wrapping
Porsche Classic Insurance
Porsche Classic Parts
Porsche Classic Restoration
Porsche Design Collection
Porsche Engine Gearbox Rebuild
Porsche Heritage & History
Porsche News
Porsche Picture Gallery
Win a New Porsche 911

Porsche Parts
Body Parts, Body Styling
Brakes, Clearance
Electrical, Exhausts
Engine Cooling, Engine Electrical
Engine Rebuild, Heating Cooling
Interior Incar, Lighting
Rubber Seals, Service Parts
Steering, Suspension
Transmission, Workshop Tools
Early 911, 911 - 930, 928 - 968
964 - 993, 996 - 997, Boxster
Cayman, Cayenne, Panamera

Porsche Model Range
911 [992] 2018-Current
Porsche 911 [992]
911 [991] 2011-2019
Porsche 911 [991]
911 [997] 2004-2012
Porsche 911 [997]
911 [GT] GT1-GT2-GT3
Porsche 911 [GT]
911 [996] 1997-2005
Porsche 911 [996]
911 [993] 1993-1998
Porsche 911 [993]
911 [RS] RS-RSR
Porsche 911 [RS]
911 [964] 1989-1993
Porsche 911 [964]
911 3.2 1983-1989
Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera
911 SC 1977-1983
Porsche 911 SC
911 [Early] 1964-1977
Porsche 911 [Early]
Boxster & Cayman
Porsche Boxster & Cayman
Cayenne & Panamera
Porsche Cayenne & Panamera

911uk Site Partners

Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
DJones
Hockenheim


Joined: 01 May 2011
Posts: 669
Location: Hampshire


PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 1:09 pm    Post subject: New addition F488 Reply with quote

I recently sold my 458 and swapped it for the 488.

I was toying with it for a while as I loved the 458, noise NA engine etc. The big mistake was driving the 488, it is an unbelievably capable car and if you can get past the turbo charging there is no looking back. Once the right spec car came up had to get one. It will be interesting to see how the F8 Tributo compares when some are in circulation next year... or maybe not!

The 458 is a great car too but this car has, for me, what the 458 was missing. The torque delivery is immense, almost intimidating.

Hope you like the pics.

Darren.
_________________
2002 996 GT2 recreation in Nogaro blue
2017 Ferrari 488 GTB Nero black
2006 Ford GT40 Gulf Racing colours
1994 AC Cobra 427 Guardsman blue
 



8654FDC6-B783-4A0B-A66B-262DA54CC6BC.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  271.75 KB
 Viewed:  2060 Time(s)

8654FDC6-B783-4A0B-A66B-262DA54CC6BC.jpeg



24DE1DE2-49F7-4B99-8CD5-37791F0071A4.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  678.5 KB
 Viewed:  2060 Time(s)

24DE1DE2-49F7-4B99-8CD5-37791F0071A4.jpeg



FBA92A96-2A87-46A5-8A3A-4C08D2ED054B.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  601.34 KB
 Viewed:  2060 Time(s)

FBA92A96-2A87-46A5-8A3A-4C08D2ED054B.jpeg



07328B01-D8D3-4574-848F-CC9E3215FC4F.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  662.16 KB
 Viewed:  2060 Time(s)

07328B01-D8D3-4574-848F-CC9E3215FC4F.jpeg



043DF94B-58F3-453C-9F5D-84A8BBDE63E6.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  564.67 KB
 Viewed:  2060 Time(s)

043DF94B-58F3-453C-9F5D-84A8BBDE63E6.jpeg



331EFF1D-62FD-4B48-809B-516CC4BD8143.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  773.3 KB
 Viewed:  2060 Time(s)

331EFF1D-62FD-4B48-809B-516CC4BD8143.jpeg



1C373446-9E71-4759-BA50-046F39CE7EB1.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  742.72 KB
 Viewed:  2060 Time(s)

1C373446-9E71-4759-BA50-046F39CE7EB1.jpeg


  
View user's profile Send private message
   
HSC911
Long Beach


Joined: 23 Jul 2014
Posts: 6687
Location: Bedford


PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised

You and Boba are going to be best mates now Grin

worship
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Boba fett
Indianapolis


Joined: 14 May 2015
Posts: 2358



PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 1:18 pm    Post subject: Re: New addition F488 Reply with quote

DJones wrote:
I recently sold my 458 and swapped it for the 488.

I was toying with it for a while as I loved the 458, noise NA engine etc. The big mistake was driving the 488, it is an unbelievably capable car and if you can get past the turbo charging there is no looking back. Once the right spec car came up had to get one. It will be interesting to see how the F8 Tributo compares when some are in circulation next year... or maybe not!

The 458 is a great car too but this car has, for me, what the 458 was missing. The torque delivery is immense, almost intimidating.

Hope you like the pics.

Darren.


Stunning, not sure I will go Turbo on a Ferrari, I will probably be happy with the one you just sold next. Thumb
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
DJones
Hockenheim


Joined: 01 May 2011
Posts: 669
Location: Hampshire


PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ta, need to drive them both before you decide. The 488 is a 100% better car. More refined more usable more exploitable. 458 Speciale suspension with LaFerrari brakes..

That’s not to say the 458 isn’t a great car it is but for me the 488 has it. My 458 had only covered 3500miles when I sold it which kind of told me something too, I was using my modded 911 more..

Love your white 430 by the way, you don’t see many in white.

Darren. Thumb
_________________
2002 996 GT2 recreation in Nogaro blue
2017 Ferrari 488 GTB Nero black
2006 Ford GT40 Gulf Racing colours
1994 AC Cobra 427 Guardsman blue
 



4280D80C-CC18-4684-AD03-DA33223CB499.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  489.27 KB
 Viewed:  2021 Time(s)

4280D80C-CC18-4684-AD03-DA33223CB499.jpeg


  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Magic919
Barcelona


Joined: 05 Jun 2013
Posts: 1271
Location: Berkshire


PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ve never owned an F car, but have driven the 458 Speciale and a couple of years later a 488. Despite a faulty 2nd gear, the 488 was amazing for a turbo engine. It is hard to beat the high revving NA engines, but Ferrari do such a great job with 488.
_________________
997.2 C4S PDK
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Norfolk & Idea
Albert Park


Joined: 15 Jan 2016
Posts: 1580
Location: South Yorkshire


PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stunning. Saw one pull up in the village the other week. Beautiful machine...

But am I going mental? Err, mentallerer.... Whats with red calipers down one side and yellow down the other??
_________________
2012 997.2 Turbo Basalt Black. Bit of a 9E ing.
2008 Ducati 1098R (Track)
2016 Macan GTS
2019 Vito119 CDI Sport- Household Star!
2018 Ducati Panigale V4S (Track)
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Boba fett
Indianapolis


Joined: 14 May 2015
Posts: 2358



PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Norfolk & Idea wrote:
Stunning. Saw one pull up in the village the other week. Beautiful machine...

But am I going mental? Err, mentallerer.... Whats with red calipers down one side and yellow down the other??


They are different cars mate, one is a 488 and the last picture is a 458.

Bless Thumb
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
DJones
Hockenheim


Joined: 01 May 2011
Posts: 669
Location: Hampshire


PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, thanks. The last picture is the 458 the first are of the 488.

Darren
_________________
2002 996 GT2 recreation in Nogaro blue
2017 Ferrari 488 GTB Nero black
2006 Ford GT40 Gulf Racing colours
1994 AC Cobra 427 Guardsman blue
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Boba fett
Indianapolis


Joined: 14 May 2015
Posts: 2358



PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJones wrote:
Ta, need to drive them both before you decide. The 488 is a 100% better car. More refined more usable more exploitable. 458 Speciale suspension with LaFerrari brakes..

That’s not to say the 458 isn’t a great car it is but for me the 488 has it. My 458 had only covered 3500miles when I sold it which kind of told me something too, I was using my modded 911 more..

Love your white 430 by the way, you don’t see many in white.

Darren. Thumb


It will be a while before I can afford a 488 mate, my 430 has broke me !

You have obviously gone up the money ladder with greater speed and success than I have Thumb
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
DJones
Hockenheim


Joined: 01 May 2011
Posts: 669
Location: Hampshire


PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boba fett wrote:
DJones wrote:
Ta, need to drive them both before you decide. The 488 is a 100% better car. More refined more usable more exploitable. 458 Speciale suspension with LaFerrari brakes..

That’s not to say the 458 isn’t a great car it is but for me the 488 has it. My 458 had only covered 3500miles when I sold it which kind of told me something too, I was using my modded 911 more..

Love your white 430 by the way, you don’t see many in white.

Darren. Thumb


It will be a while before I can afford a 488 mate, my 430 has broke me !

You have obviously gone up the money ladder with greater speed and success than I have Thumb



Haha, well good luck with whatever you settle on. You probably know but spec is everything with Ferrari’s.
_________________
2002 996 GT2 recreation in Nogaro blue
2017 Ferrari 488 GTB Nero black
2006 Ford GT40 Gulf Racing colours
1994 AC Cobra 427 Guardsman blue
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Boba fett
Indianapolis


Joined: 14 May 2015
Posts: 2358



PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJones wrote:
Boba fett wrote:
DJones wrote:
Ta, need to drive them both before you decide. The 488 is a 100% better car. More refined more usable more exploitable. 458 Speciale suspension with LaFerrari brakes..

That’s not to say the 458 isn’t a great car it is but for me the 488 has it. My 458 had only covered 3500miles when I sold it which kind of told me something too, I was using my modded 911 more..

Love your white 430 by the way, you don’t see many in white.

Darren. Thumb


It will be a while before I can afford a 488 mate, my 430 has broke me !

You have obviously gone up the money ladder with greater speed and success than I have Thumb



Haha, well good luck with whatever you settle on. You probably know but spec is everything with Ferrari’s.


I do indeed, when I was looking for a 430 I found that out, base models everywhere and a base model is properly thread bare. One thing I did not want was Ceramics as I won't be tracking the car and the costs are alarmingly expensive, but it has everything else Thumb
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
DJones
Hockenheim


Joined: 01 May 2011
Posts: 669
Location: Hampshire


PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boba fett wrote:
DJones wrote:
Boba fett wrote:
DJones wrote:
Ta, need to drive them both before you decide. The 488 is a 100% better car. More refined more usable more exploitable. 458 Speciale suspension with LaFerrari brakes..

That’s not to say the 458 isn’t a great car it is but for me the 488 has it. My 458 had only covered 3500miles when I sold it which kind of told me something too, I was using my modded 911 more..

Love your white 430 by the way, you don’t see many in white.

Darren. Thumb


It will be a while before I can afford a 488 mate, my 430 has broke me !

You have obviously gone up the money ladder with greater speed and success than I have Thumb



Haha, well good luck with whatever you settle on. You probably know but spec is everything with Ferrari’s.


I do indeed, when I was looking for a 430 I found that out, base models everywhere and a base model is properly thread bare. One thing I did not want was Ceramics as I won't be tracking the car and the costs are alarmingly expensive, but it has everything else Thumb



Good stuff, clever tactics by Ferrari, make all the standard stuff look rubbish so you have to add spec! Sad
_________________
2002 996 GT2 recreation in Nogaro blue
2017 Ferrari 488 GTB Nero black
2006 Ford GT40 Gulf Racing colours
1994 AC Cobra 427 Guardsman blue
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Boba fett
Indianapolis


Joined: 14 May 2015
Posts: 2358



PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree great business model, sell an empty bag and say the sweets are extra Thumb
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
benbuhagiar
Nürburgring


Joined: 28 Dec 2014
Posts: 376
Location: Kent

2008 Porsche 997 Carrera 2

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to stop coming on this forum as I get incredibly jealous of everyone’s cars.

Very nice! Red is my favourite car colour but oddly I prefer Ferraris in non-red colours.
_________________
997.2 Carrera PDK
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Boba fett
Indianapolis


Joined: 14 May 2015
Posts: 2358



PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

benbuhagiar wrote:
I need to stop coming on this forum as I get incredibly jealous of everyone’s cars.

Very nice! Red is my favourite car colour but oddly I prefer Ferraris in non-red colours.


Its called resale red for a Ferrari !!
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
DynoMike
Albert Park


Joined: 25 May 2012
Posts: 1572
Location: The Cotswolds

2003 Porsche 996 Turbo

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely looking car Darren worship

But so glad you still drive the '6 Turbo too Thumb
_________________
2003 996 Turbo
Previous toy 1974 Mini 1000
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
911TEL
Albert Park


Joined: 29 Oct 2007
Posts: 1537
Location: Inverness & Kazakhstan

2011 Porsche 997 Turbo S

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TBH ...I’ve not often wanted to scratch the Ferrari itch , but either of these 2 black beauties would have me swithering ....
488 in particular is the dog’s danglies ........

What a beast .... !

Hat off to you !

T
_________________
997 Gen 2 Turbo S Basalt Black -BBS CHR, Kline inconel exhaust, DSC V1 & Polished Bliss air freshener...
Cayenne S diesel 850 N/ m torque!!!! Jet black
SL 55 AMG Obsidian Black
Brompton S2L Black edition
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Norfolk & Idea
Albert Park


Joined: 15 Jan 2016
Posts: 1580
Location: South Yorkshire


PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boba fett wrote:
Norfolk & Idea wrote:
Stunning. Saw one pull up in the village the other week. Beautiful machine...

But am I going mental? Err, mentallerer.... Whats with red calipers down one side and yellow down the other??


They are different cars mate, one is a 488 and the last picture is a 458.

Bless Thumb


Ha ha ha, just testing.

Embarassed
_________________
2012 997.2 Turbo Basalt Black. Bit of a 9E ing.
2008 Ducati 1098R (Track)
2016 Macan GTS
2019 Vito119 CDI Sport- Household Star!
2018 Ducati Panigale V4S (Track)
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Boba fett
Indianapolis


Joined: 14 May 2015
Posts: 2358



PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Norfolk & Idea wrote:
Boba fett wrote:
Norfolk & Idea wrote:
Stunning. Saw one pull up in the village the other week. Beautiful machine...

But am I going mental? Err, mentallerer.... Whats with red calipers down one side and yellow down the other??


They are different cars mate, one is a 488 and the last picture is a 458.

Bless Thumb


Ha ha ha, just testing.

Embarassed


I know Thumb
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
DJones
Hockenheim


Joined: 01 May 2011
Posts: 669
Location: Hampshire


PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DynoMike wrote:
Lovely looking car Darren worship

But so glad you still drive the '6 Turbo too Thumb


Thanks, no worries of the 911 going anywhere soon, the Ferraris have just got me working on the suspension set up to generally improve it as the F cars , as you’d expect, are so advanced. The old girl is getting there though and she wouldn’t be far behind in performance terms..
_________________
2002 996 GT2 recreation in Nogaro blue
2017 Ferrari 488 GTB Nero black
2006 Ford GT40 Gulf Racing colours
1994 AC Cobra 427 Guardsman blue
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic   All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum