Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

A new chapter...

ch3tman

[Warning : purists look away!]

Last month marked 5 years since I acquired my 993.

The initial years were focused targeting the mechanical condition and must haves; suspension, brakes and clutch, etc. Then came some nice to haves; change of wheels, steering wheel, speakers and a visit to Mr Schofield, to name a few.

Now, rather than picking up a daily and reserving the 993 for garage queen duties, I decided to give the 993 a refresh, and maximise on using and enjoying the car as much as possible... a health scare last year meant ~3 months passed by without being able to drive the car and wondering if I'd be able drive it at all... that's a lot of thinking time... incredibly frustrating when a 993 has been the car you wanted for almost 2 decades.

So last month the car was stripped down for a glass-out-(some)-panels-off repaint. In a rather bold colour. During those 3 difficult months, I had decided if I were to proceed, the colour would be non-metallic, as I personally feel these best suit the shape of a 993. Along with the paint, other items of note include new front and rear glass (both well overdue) via Glasstec, rust treatment if found, door check strap, washer delete, and calipers.

Most owner's thoughts will immediately revert to market value. But I suppose that only matters if one day you expect to sell the car... That day will not arrive, ever.

Having enjoyed ~20k miles with the car to date, once returned later this month, it will be used more-so than before, and I look forward to smashing the 100k barrier in the coming year.

Sounds exciting. Totally agree on the value vs enjoyment, and love flat colours also. Looking forward to the reveal and seeing some photos :success:

Well done on your decision to do what you want to do.
I agree totally with a solid colour being a great choice for the 993 too.
Looking forward to some pics and hope you have many miles of enjoyment in a car that is what you wanted and not one that is "Best for Residuals"

ATB
Bruce

:hand: :useless: :food:

Top man... and flat colours rock on the 993's curves. :bandit:

You going to give us a clue on the colour...?

C.

When they ban ICE cars they will be worth F all anyway!

Sounds an exciting project, and I applaud you for building 'your' car. Any plans for the interior?

Sounds exciting! I look forward to the progress and pics. :thumb:

In a rather bold colour

...... so what colour did your chose ...... :?: :dont know:

Good man. A serious health scare is all you need to re-assess priorities.

Totally agree with driving a 993. Mines on 130k and is getting a new clutch from Christian Sanger. On its return it'll return to daily driving duties

Rubystone? Or maybe Mint green - then you won't have to bother updating the V5... :)

Mini Moonwalk Grey. I bought a Mini last October, haven't washed it once and I swear it looks as good today as the day I bought it. Oh, and I think it's a great colour

Sounds fantastic Chet, looking forward to loads more info!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back