Welcome to 911UK
The only place for Porsche, 911uk is the definitive enthusiast and resource site for the Porsche 911.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so join up today for full access to the site and benefit from latest member offers.

Porsche Classifieds
Sell Your Porsche on 911uk
Create a Free Classified Advert
Search Ads
Classified Adverts FAQ
Trade Classified Information
Buyer & Seller Fraud Protection
Consumer Rights Act
Pre Purchase Inspection (PPI)
Porsche Car Sourcing
Porsche Cars Wanted
Official Porsche Centre Reviews
Model
Stock
Porsche 911
991 : 2011- 20
997 : 2004- 70
996 : 1997-2005 30
993 : 1993-1998 5
964 : 1989-1993 2
Carrera 3.2 : 1983-1989 3
Carrera SC : 1977-1983 1
930 Turbo : 1975-1989 0
Early 911 : 1964-1977 0
Porsche Other Models
Classic : 1950-1965 0
Boxster : 1997- 22
Cayman : 2005- 15
Cayenne : 2003- 2
Macan : 2014- 2
Panamera : 2009- 1
912-914-924-928-944-968 1
959 - CarreraGT - RaceCar 0
Car Parts For Sale & Wanted
Other Items For Sale & Wanted
Wheels Tyres For Sale & Wanted
Number Plates For Sale Wanted

Porsche Services
Porsche Body Shop Repair
Paint Protection & Wrapping
Porsche Classic Insurance
Porsche Classic Parts
Porsche Classic Restoration
Porsche Design Collection
Porsche Engine Gearbox Rebuild
Porsche Heritage & History
Porsche News
Porsche Picture Gallery
Win a New Porsche 911

Porsche Parts
Body Parts, Body Styling
Brakes, Clearance
Electrical, Exhausts
Engine Cooling, Engine Electrical
Engine Rebuild, Heating Cooling
Interior Incar, Lighting
Rubber Seals, Service Parts
Steering, Suspension
Transmission, Workshop Tools
Early 911, 911 - 930, 928 - 968
964 - 993, 996 - 997, Boxster
Cayman, Cayenne, Panamera

Porsche Model Range
911 [992] 2018-Current
Porsche 911 [992]
911 [991] 2011-2019
Porsche 911 [991]
911 [997] 2004-2012
Porsche 911 [997]
911 [GT] GT1-GT2-GT3
Porsche 911 [GT]
911 [996] 1997-2005
Porsche 911 [996]
911 [993] 1993-1998
Porsche 911 [993]
911 [RS] RS-RSR
Porsche 911 [RS]
911 [964] 1989-1993
Porsche 911 [964]
911 3.2 1983-1989
Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera
911 SC 1977-1983
Porsche 911 SC
911 [Early] 1964-1977
Porsche 911 [Early]
Boxster & Cayman
Porsche Boxster & Cayman
Cayenne & Panamera
Porsche Cayenne & Panamera

911uk Site Partners

Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
Dicker
Newbie


Joined: 17 Apr 2019
Posts: 23



PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re the web-hosting renewal; I suspect that it's an automatic direct debit, that just ticks over. If the company is in administration then Mearns may not have access to his accounts and his cards, listed with the hosting firm, haven't been cancelled yet.

Just a thought.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Diggermeister
Nürburgring


Joined: 26 May 2015
Posts: 453



PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dicker wrote:
Re the web-hosting renewal; I suspect that it's an automatic direct debit, that just ticks over. If the company is in administration then Mearns may not have access to his accounts and his cards, listed with the hosting firm, haven't been cancelled yet.

Just a thought.
Yes, that exact thought occurred to me too; it's a nominal fee, but important. Precisely the sort of renewal you automate.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
jonttt
Zolder


Joined: 20 Aug 2012
Posts: 5924
Location: Liverpool


PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Companies house records the appointment of an administrator (10/07/19)

Judge
_________________
1997 Porsche 911 993 C4S My Journal
2011 Porsche 987.2 Boxster Black Edition My Journal
Ex 2014 Porsche Boxster GTS My Journal
2017 BMW 740 Msport
2017 RR Evoque Autobiography
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
jonttt
Zolder


Joined: 20 Aug 2012
Posts: 5924
Location: Liverpool


PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Case number 1 — In administration

Administration started
21 June 2019
Practitioner
Julian Pitts
Fourth Floor, Toronto Square Toronto Street, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS1 2HJ
Practitioner
Richard Kenworthy
Fourth Floor Toronto Square, Toronto Street, Leeds, LS1 2HJ
_________________
1997 Porsche 911 993 C4S My Journal
2011 Porsche 987.2 Boxster Black Edition My Journal
Ex 2014 Porsche Boxster GTS My Journal
2017 BMW 740 Msport
2017 RR Evoque Autobiography
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
jonttt
Zolder


Joined: 20 Aug 2012
Posts: 5924
Location: Liverpool


PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case anyone missed it earlier in the thread and needs to register an interest as a creditor .....

Date of Appointment: 21 June 2019

Names and Address of Administrators: Julian Pitts (IP No. 007851) and Richard Kenworthy (IP No. 009499) both of Begbies Traynor (Central) LLP, Fourth Floor, Toronto Square, Toronto Street, Leeds, LS1 2HJ


Any person who requires further information may contact Amelia Blythe of Begbies Traynor (Central) LLP by email at amelia.blythe@begbies-traynor.com or by telephone on 0113 244 0044.
_________________
1997 Porsche 911 993 C4S My Journal
2011 Porsche 987.2 Boxster Black Edition My Journal
Ex 2014 Porsche Boxster GTS My Journal
2017 BMW 740 Msport
2017 RR Evoque Autobiography
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Pagoda1966
Newbie


Joined: 06 Apr 2019
Posts: 40
Location: Sunderland


PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might bid for the Porsche sign for my garage Laughing

Order of the Joint Administrators of Gmund Cars Limited
_________________
Current : 2011 Boxster Gen 2 with bespoke Gmund “livery”. 2002 Ferrari 360 Spider. KTM Duke. Mercedes ML, Mini Countryman.

Previous : 1981 924 Carrera GT (“donated” to Gmund Cars), 2011 Cayman R, 2006 Cayman S, 2006 Boxster S, 1991 944 Turbo Cabriolet, 1999 GT3 Club Sport, 1986 924S
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
jonttt
Zolder


Joined: 20 Aug 2012
Posts: 5924
Location: Liverpool


PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Order of the Joint Administrators of Gmund Cars Limited

Anyone got recent pics of the workshop to see what has gone walkies (eg from the recent open day) Question
_________________
1997 Porsche 911 993 C4S My Journal
2011 Porsche 987.2 Boxster Black Edition My Journal
Ex 2014 Porsche Boxster GTS My Journal
2017 BMW 740 Msport
2017 RR Evoque Autobiography
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
mrgrey
Monza


Joined: 09 Mar 2014
Posts: 160
Location: Essex


PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of nice miscellaneous assets in the auction I wonder who has bid low on so many items already? As Jonttt says (potentially)where are the best bits? In my experience a lot of assets melt away or are 'misappropriated' prior to the demise of a company and the rest gets sold for about 10% of its worth.

More importantly has a date been set for a creditors meeting, I hope a forum member can attend and report back. Will the OP and/or other victims be listed as creditors and be able to attend? If not perhaps they should consider buying a small trade creditor debt enabling them to go and witness Mearns performance, it could be of Oscar winning stature. Will Sammy be there to collect the best supporting actress prize?

What's the betting on him blaming a recent downturn in trading for his downfall - if not BREXIT!

Good luck to Pagoda and any other victims I hope you all get every penny back, if not we all enjoyed the ride, expensive though it was.
_________________
991.1 C2S PDK
997.2 C2S PDK
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
DAVIDGT996
Trainee


Joined: 24 Feb 2019
Posts: 54
Location: Colchester


PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:29 am    Post subject: Administration? Reply with quote

Not quite sure why they are trying to sell off some ropy old garage equipment.

I thought the the role of the Administrator as stated on BT own website was as follows:

1. Rescue the company as a going concern – if this is not possible:
2. Achieve a better result for company creditors as a whole than would be possible if the company was liquidated – or if that is not possible:
Realise company property for the benefit of one or more secured or preferential creditors
_________________
2001 C2 Coupe Tip
Black, GT3 kit, lowered
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
ShadesOfRed
Nürburgring


Joined: 26 Jan 2004
Posts: 481
Location: UK


PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I understand it... it wasn't a voluntary liquidation - someone filed a winding up petition. From that point onwards the liquidators can't do much else other than to establish ownership of all assets and to see the ones deemed owned by Gmund and then to divvy up the proceeds among the creditors. I'll venture a guess that the landlord wants everything out as well so that the property can be rented again so there's a bit a time pressure too.

I see in the photos of the Porsche sign that there are reflections in the glass window of a Porsche tractor and a 356 coupe behind the photographer - presumably they are not Gmund's property or are being auctioned elsewhere?
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
DAVIDGT996
Trainee


Joined: 24 Feb 2019
Posts: 54
Location: Colchester


PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadesOfRed wrote:
As I understand it... it wasn't a voluntary liquidation - someone filed a winding up petition. From that point onwards the liquidators can't do much else other than to establish ownership of all assets and to see the ones deemed owned by Gmund and then to divvy up the proceeds among the creditors.
company is not in liquidation its in Administration which is something completely different.

Administration provides protection from Creditors actions and in particular winding up orders.
_________________
2001 C2 Coupe Tip
Black, GT3 kit, lowered
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
ShadesOfRed
Nürburgring


Joined: 26 Jan 2004
Posts: 481
Location: UK


PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, as I misunderstood it then! Thanks for clarifying.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
DAVIDGT996
Trainee


Joined: 24 Feb 2019
Posts: 54
Location: Colchester


PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its a defensive action by Mearns & Co

I suspect he is probably bidding on the items up for auction - nobody can argue then that they have been sold at undervalue.
_________________
2001 C2 Coupe Tip
Black, GT3 kit, lowered
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
997 Coast
Hockenheim


Joined: 04 Apr 2015
Posts: 639



PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonttt wrote:
Order of the Joint Administrators of Gmund Cars Limited
Anyone got recent pics of the workshop to see what has gone walkies (eg from the recent open day) Question


Added to PCGB general chat website
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
997 Coast
Hockenheim


Joined: 04 Apr 2015
Posts: 639



PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anything regarding G munds demise and fraud been published in the local media ? no doubt its a no
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Pagoda1966
Newbie


Joined: 06 Apr 2019
Posts: 40
Location: Sunderland


PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgrey wrote:
Lots of nice miscellaneous assets in the auction I wonder who has bid low on so many items already? As Jonttt says (potentially)where are the best bits? In my experience a lot of assets melt away or are 'misappropriated' prior to the demise of a company and the rest gets sold for about 10% of its worth.

More importantly has a date been set for a creditors meeting, I hope a forum member can attend and report back. Will the OP and/or other victims be listed as creditors and be able to attend? If not perhaps they should consider buying a small trade creditor debt enabling them to go and witness Mearns performance, it could be of Oscar winning stature. Will Sammy be there to collect the best supporting actress prize?

What's the betting on him blaming a recent downturn in trading for his downfall - if not BREXIT!

Good luck to Pagoda and any other victims I hope you all get every penny back, if not we all enjoyed the ride, expensive though it was.


I have a few pics of the garage from 18/5 and can see some tool cabinets missing straight away (a black one and a red one). As far as the showroom is concerned, other than pictures and the toy cars in his display cabinet (which he’d undoubtedly say were his own personal items), there doesn’t appear to be anything obvious omitted.

No date for a creditors meeting advised yet, but my status as a creditor has been confirmed. Will have popcorn at the ready to see Andrew’s performance. I understand he’s claiming to be the largest creditor by the way .... Floor
_________________
Current : 2011 Boxster Gen 2 with bespoke Gmund “livery”. 2002 Ferrari 360 Spider. KTM Duke. Mercedes ML, Mini Countryman.

Previous : 1981 924 Carrera GT (“donated” to Gmund Cars), 2011 Cayman R, 2006 Cayman S, 2006 Boxster S, 1991 944 Turbo Cabriolet, 1999 GT3 Club Sport, 1986 924S
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
FZP
Estoril


Joined: 18 Jan 2015
Posts: 3544
Location: Cheshire


PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have to be a creditor to attend the meeting or can you come along and cheer on your favourite team, so to speak? Floor Floor Floor
_________________
997.2 Carrera 2S GT Silver/Cocoa.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
GlenB
Trainee


Joined: 20 Jul 2018
Posts: 96



PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pagoda1966 wrote:
I have a few pics of the garage from 18/5 and can see some tool cabinets missing straight away (a black one and a red one).


In fairness quite often tools are owned privately by a mechanic / technician and not the company. It's possible this is the case here. Clearly I do not know the setup but it is possible.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
jonttt
Zolder


Joined: 20 Aug 2012
Posts: 5924
Location: Liverpool


PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pagoda1966 wrote:
mrgrey wrote:
Lots of nice miscellaneous assets in the auction I wonder who has bid low on so many items already? As Jonttt says (potentially)where are the best bits? In my experience a lot of assets melt away or are 'misappropriated' prior to the demise of a company and the rest gets sold for about 10% of its worth.

More importantly has a date been set for a creditors meeting, I hope a forum member can attend and report back. Will the OP and/or other victims be listed as creditors and be able to attend? If not perhaps they should consider buying a small trade creditor debt enabling them to go and witness Mearns performance, it could be of Oscar winning stature. Will Sammy be there to collect the best supporting actress prize?

What's the betting on him blaming a recent downturn in trading for his downfall - if not BREXIT!

Good luck to Pagoda and any other victims I hope you all get every penny back, if not we all enjoyed the ride, expensive though it was.


I have a few pics of the garage from 18/5 and can see some tool cabinets missing straight away (a black one and a red one). As far as the showroom is concerned, other than pictures and the toy cars in his display cabinet (which he’d undoubtedly say were his own personal items), there doesn’t appear to be anything obvious omitted.

No date for a creditors meeting advised yet, but my status as a creditor has been confirmed. Will have popcorn at the ready to see Andrew’s performance. I understand he’s claiming to be the largest creditor by the way .... Floor


I’ve had a reply from the administrators to my email pointing them to this thread Thumb

Its interesting that you have been confirmed as a creditor, it presumably means your car did go through the company books ie it owes you money for it. The 64m dollar question is how the SOR transactions where treated in the company book eg if they where bought into “stock” to sell with a corresponding debt owed to you then he may have been able to use the sale proceeds to pay other debts. If your being treated as a creditor (do you know how much for ?) for the full value of your car (ie the price you agreed you wanted for it) then thats my guess. It would then come down to any paperwork / contract you had with the company to check if the accounting treatment was correct or not Dont know
If however the company only recognised the “commission” from the SOR sale (or the contract confirms that what should have happened) then fraud may be easier to prove Question

The creditors meeting will be very interesting especially if he is also attending as a creditor of the business. Ps you are allowed to take someone with you, I usually take someone with me (a solicitor or accountant depending on the issues) Wink

Ps don’t be afraid of calling him for what he is ie a living thieving scum bag, don’t be aggressive or rude with it, just say it as it is. People are normally wither too reserved when face to face or go too far the other way which achieves nothing.

Don’t forget to ask questions about Mrs Samantha Mearns and her recent resignation and the fact she is a qualified solicitor (although as she seems very keen to point out .... none practicing......that does not matter in fraud, the judicial system takes a very dim view of qualified persons committing fraud Hand )

ask him what he is going to do next Floor
_________________
1997 Porsche 911 993 C4S My Journal
2011 Porsche 987.2 Boxster Black Edition My Journal
Ex 2014 Porsche Boxster GTS My Journal
2017 BMW 740 Msport
2017 RR Evoque Autobiography
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
991.2GTS
Spa-Francorchamps


Joined: 02 Apr 2019
Posts: 257
Location: Yorkshire


PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it’s gone into administration the Directors can form a new company and buy the assets.
_________________
2018 991.2 GT3 Crayon
2019 991.2 C4 GTS Crayon
2019 VW Up! GTI White

Ex 2018 Macan GTS Volcano Grey
Ex 2016 Macan Diesel S Black
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic   All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 23 of 31

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum