Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Ariel Nomad

markz86

For the last 3 months i've been deliberating on what to replace my 991 with. Come October i will have owned the car for 3 years (longest i've ever kept a car) and was considering my options.

I narrowed it down to a California or an R8 gen 2.

At the same time, i also decided i wanted a "toy", so have been looking at Quadbikes (CANAM Renegade) and Green lane focussed motorbikes (Husky 701 Enduro)

After reading various horror stories on both options online, and having had a bad experience with a Quad on holiday before (entirely my fault) i eventually changed my path on both options.

I've come to realise that the reason i've kept the 991 so long is because its such good car. Cheapish to run, practical, and fun. so i've decided to keep it and go with a "safer" option for a toy, using the money i had set aside for the toy plus the money to upgrade the 991.

I've decided to place an order for an Ariel Nomad! such a fun car, just a shame that there's a 3 year wait! If you thought Porsche's options were expensive, wait until you see Arial's options list!

Anyone else on here have one?

Totally agree with your decision on keeping the 991 - a brilliant everyday supercar with outstanding capability, practical and can bring a grin to your face every time you drive it. :lol:

The Nomad is a fantastic (and brave) choice. 8)
Never seen one on the road yet, only ever at track days.

Just a slightly off-the-wall alternative that may be worth considering - a Morgan 3-wheeler??

Attachments

• article_2053709_0e8bb8ec00000578_200_468x286_136.jpg
    article_2053709_0e8bb8ec00000578_200_468x286_136.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 5,364
I ran an atom for just over 2 years. So much fun and I really miss it. The ariel build quality is amazing, they are so nicely designed and put together. I will definitely have another one day. The wait time has more or less doubled since the atom 4 came out. They really need to expand but choose not to. The good thing with that is the second hand prices are strong.

Yes they really are a fun toy. I've placed the order and have been advised of a 34 month wait!

They are however looking to expand their assembly area and by January next year so one of the owners told me, so 34 months is a conservative estimate, but it's still likely to be over 2 years. That's gives me more time to save up for options I suppose.

In the end it was a fairly easy choice. As my double garage is quite small, I can only store a small car in addition to my 911 and the usual lawnmower, tools etc. The Nomad is approx 320x185cm so it's quite squat and I can fit it in the garage with all of the other stuff. There really weren't many other options that would fit aside from Quad bikes / motorbikes.

I saw the Morgan 3 wheeler, but it's just not 'me" the Nomad just looks awesome, especially in the 'sand" colour - it wouldn't look out of place with a machine gun on top!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back