Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Llandudno convoy for Porsche on the Prom

FZP

With the Porsche on the Prom arriving in a couple of weeks, it was agreed that we should organise a convoy to the event, with pick up points on the way.
A few of us will meet in Wilmslow as a starting point and then driving to a couple of well placed rendezvous points to join the convoy. Google maps state a 90min drive from Wilmslow to Llandudno.
Can I ask those interested in joining the convoy for input as to departure time from this end, and also convenient locations on the way for the rendezvous points. I'm thinking max of 3 collection points inclusive of the start as we won't get there until Xmas otherwise,
So please , pop your ideas done and let's lock it all in.

TIA
FZP

how about Lymm Poplar 2000 service M6 J20...

I'm should be up for this, might even bring the kids as it's next to the beach! I'll be coming from Sheffield so can meet wherever unless anyone else is coming from this direction.

The Gateway services on the A55 is a possible if the route is via the A55.

Northrop Hall, Mold CH7

I might head over from Skipton, where are you meeting in Wilmslow?

I don't want to commit as yet as my car goes under the knife next week having its yearly service, new front discs and pads, new front shocks, top mounts & bump stops. Knowing my luck, my man will find some knackered suspension part and the car will be off the road a couple of days :nooo:

Although I'm tempted to jump on a train with a pocket full of dosh and go and buy this: https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201905037576548

So may rock up in that :grin:

SDJC said:
The Gateway services on the A55 is a possible if the route is via the A55.

Northrop Hall, Mold CH7

Any of us Chester North Wales bods can tag on there, it is a McDonalds & service station pull in just after Queensferry if I am thinking of the same place
last year I went after 9.30 am & everyone was already at Llandudno all 700 of them suggest pick up point there at 9.00 am.

Alex said:
I don't want to commit as yet as my car goes under the knife next week having its yearly service, new front discs and pads, new front shocks, top mounts & bump stops. Knowing my luck, my man will find some knackered suspension part and the car will be off the road a couple of days :nooo:

Although I'm tempted to jump on a train with a pocket full of dosh and go and buy this: https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201905037576548

Looks like amazing value... almost rude not to!
Hartech engine also. :thumbs:

Alex said:

I'm sensing we are close with this one. A 2 x 911 family :thumb:

991.2GTS said:
I might head over from Skipton, where are you meeting in Wilmslow?
Most likely meet at the Costa in town anything before 10am on a Sunday leaves plenty of parking options available.

GF says I can only buy another one if I keep mine.

Alex said:
GF says I can only buy another one if I keep mine.
As Sponge would say YKIMS :thumb:

Well the dosh isn't doing anything in the bank.

I am only 18 miles away from the Prom, so I will make my own way there.

Might do the scenic route instead of the A55.

Are there any of the 911uk.com window stickers available? I forgot to have a go at removing the one I had in my old car.

.......Oh I forgot to mention that there are specs cameras on the A55 around the Rhuallt area.

I think they were installed at the end of May last year....therefore, if you travelled to last year's event, they probably weren't there.

Take care. :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back