Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Zunsport grille and Porsche warranty

991.2GTS

I'm thinking of fitting a Zunsport grille to the front of my 991.2 GTS, will this affect the Porsche warranty? I'm going to omit the centre grille and just go with outer and outer centre pieces I think.

Unless it specifically causes a warranty claim it won't be a problem BUT you will need to remove them to pass a 111 point check when renewal time comes.

This is what I don't get with the OPC warranty... I've just fitted a set to the 911 as I dont want rad repair/change bills.. they're in black and look good and do a great job...so much so I'm thinking of getting them for the Cayenne too which has warranty...surely an owner fitting these helps the warranty company out?

There was a helpful thread about this the other day.

T8 said:
Unless it specifically causes a warranty claim it won't be a problem BUT you will need to remove them to pass a 111 point check when renewal time comes.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

OPC Reading refused to do the 111 check with mine fitted (but they did kindly offer to remove them for £273...) - I took them off, got the check done and then stuck them back on.

Mate of mine has a 981 Cayman S - took it to Porsche Brooklands to get the 111 point check done and they did not even comment on the grills...

Go figure

That's because Porsche Brooklands is independantly owned and why my Cayenne is booked in there next month for a major service, they beat both Reading and Guildford (owned by Porsche) by £300...

Brooklands - presume that means that they also keep within the confines of your warranty? Might remember that when it comes to servicing time.

They are an official Porsche service centre just independently owned... why wouldn't they?

Can i just humbly add ..

the Ruling from Porsche was and i expect still is that ..

No Third party items can be fitted and passed on a 111 point check .

Its a blanket rule to stop any confusion from different OPC,s thinking this part is ok whilst that part isn't .

NO third party items period is what Porsche means .

Yup i agree its stupid .. porsche even fit grills on some models and what difference a non Porsche battery will make is beyond me .. its not even covered by the warranty .

it was deemed a bit of a joke back when i used to do them to the point the service manager had a photo of a porsche battery he used to lay on top of the non porsche ones fitted .

I can only assume some OPS,s are either ignoring the rules or haven't read them which i find very doubtful .

EDIT

Some customers have complained that Armorfend has failed the check .. i know of at least one OPC that has been told by Porsche they can pass vehicles with this fitted ..

In short if you complain to Porsche you may get the decision reversed .

Just as another point of interest to this topic.

I was in Porsche Wolverhampton yesterday and there was a gen 1 991GTS in their showroom for sale with these fitted. Given they sell their used cars with the Porsche 2 year warranty I was surprised to see them still on there.

Interestingly it also had gen 2 LED side repeaters but given they're original Porsche items I imagine they can be accepted a little easier.

Zunsport grills fitted - side

After just about every other Porsche owner I met telling me to fit some type of guard over the front side pods I have taken the plunge and fitted the Zunsport side grills. Fitment was straight forward once you understand how they fit and just how snug they are. At one stage during the initial install I contemplated sending them back on the grounds they must have sent me the wrong set!... Thats how snug they are. A small bit of masking tape around the lower valance on fitment is essential to avoid marking the paintwork. Removal and re-fitment is probably around 5-10 mins a side once fitment is mastered. Factor significantly longer if its the first set you have ever done! The clips which secure the bottom and middle grills are finger fumbling tricky to fit and remove. But doable as I have removed and re-installed mine several times to see how they work. So can be removed for warranty renewal. They are extremely subtle.

Attachments

• 63cced75_4cd4_4161_970d_27a6a0ff79ba_140.jpeg
    63cced75_4cd4_4161_970d_27a6a0ff79ba_140.jpeg
    992.7 KB · Views: 4,042
  • 3ab363a7_4111_4a8a_9293_1e0937d53b12_479.jpeg
    3ab363a7_4111_4a8a_9293_1e0937d53b12_479.jpeg
    992.9 KB · Views: 4,042
  • c48b844f_9567_4999_a0d1_bfb937e04bf6_196.jpeg
    c48b844f_9567_4999_a0d1_bfb937e04bf6_196.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4,042
  • 8e40a826_6a9c_4f6d_822f_6fa888d3c9ec_178.jpeg
    8e40a826_6a9c_4f6d_822f_6fa888d3c9ec_178.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 4,042
I just bought a used set of these for the front of my BGTS, Ive fitted them and if I'm honest I don't think I'm too in love with the look of them,although I expect that I will forget they are there or they may even grow on me a bit in the future. The thought that they could save my rads might encourage me to like them.

The thing that I cant get my head around is why would Porsche not provide a grille in the first place - surely radiators in a fast car need to be protected from stones and debris?

Also, if they aren't doing any harm, why would they invalidate a warranty in any way?

wilpert said:
I just bought a used set of these for the front of my BGTS, Ive fitted them and if I'm honest I don't think I'm too in love with the look of them,although I expect that I will forget they are there or they may even grow on me a bit in the future. The thought that they could save my rads might encourage me to like them.

The thing that I cant get my head around is why would Porsche not provide a grille in the first place - surely radiators in a fast car need to be protected from stones and debris?

Also, if they aren't doing any harm, why would they invalidate a warranty in any way?

I think that they want the rads to get damaged, think about it, how much they make on supply & fitting charges....

Swamps :)

Having had a couple of 996s and then 997s over 8 years I replaced one condenser for stone damage. I still think the Zunsport grills are too ugly to fit.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back