Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

MOT - help

BenB91

Nurburgring
I've rented a cottage in Wales for the bank holiday weekend, which is a 550mile round trip and was looking forward taking the Porsche.

I had it in my mind that my MOT was due at the end of the month, so went to book it today and to be horror, it's this Saturday! I've called round several local garages and can't get it booked in anywhere.

We are due to leave Friday morning, so unless I can get a MOT test Friday morning, we are going in a VW Polo (the horror!).

Are there any national garages that do same day MOTs? I've checked with Halfords, Setyres and Kwikfit but no luck.

I'm in Tunbridge Wells.

Just find a local garage and sit and wait...

OR

Book an MOT at your destination as you can drive the car as long as you are going to the MOT test station but you need to be booked in in advance :thumb:

Phone here at 8 am tomorrow and see if there's any chance ..

https://www.precisionporsche.co.uk/contact

I know we are pretty busy .. well stacked out atm but they will say if it can be done or not and we are not a million miles from you .

'Sit and wait" seems to be a thing of the way past in Tunbridge Wells.

Thanks Demort. A bit far for me but will get you to quote for a service which is due soon. Didn't release you were so close.

Will call a few Wales garages in the morning.

Most places round here couldn't get me in until Tuesday.

No problem young man .. you are fine to drive it friday .. but it needs to be booked in at a local MOT station for anything after saturday .. not allowed to travel long distance to an mot station when its run out as far as i'm aware ..

But the rules change so often its hard to keep up with it these days .

I can drive to a couple of local places, join the queue and get an MoT. Wouldn't dream of booking in, TBH.

Passed with no advisories at Garth Garage in Llandysul, SA44 5NW, who were very friendly and helpful. Can highly recommend.

270mile trip to Wales. Average speed of 62mph and 33.9mpg without even trying. Very impressive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back