Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bon voyage 993

tyinsky

Suzuka
Hopefully the ship doesn't sink.

wk4tub.jpg

That is a great pic. :worship:

Really looking forward to reading about your road trip.

That photo eve surprised me when I checked the camera after getting back this afternoon. Certainly made it real for me.

Blog link I am almost ready to share. It is built, there is some content in it, but obviously nothing about the actual road trip itself which makes it a bit limp to share now.

:worship: pic

Bl00dy cones get everywhere don't they :nooo:

:thumb:

Tyinski; this should make for fascinating reading when you're ready. Hope you create some lifelong memories; I'm sure you will.

Hi Tyinsky,

Is it not going in a container? I hope it's not going as deck cargo :nooo:

ATB :)

decgraham said:
Hi Tyinsky,

Is it not going in a container? I hope it's not going as deck cargo :nooo:

ATB :)
most vehicles go on roll on roll off ships similar to crossing the Channel. That's how I got my old Land Rover back to England when I relocated back from Missouri way back at the start of the century. Should have brought my 1987 911 back as well.

I didn't know about that marine tracker. I will be checking that every day now! :grin:

And yes, RORO/roll on roll off shipping. Basically a huge boat where the hull is designed for carrying just cars (vehicles).

I'm guessing that using a foreign registered car in the US negates having to comply with their very strict pollution control?

Or does it depend on the age of the car and the anti pollution laws at the time?

Exciting times tyinski, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little jealous! Driving around the US in your 993 will be fabulous I'm sure

That photo is definitely worth framing, especially with the ships name, looks fantastic. I know the 993 is small but that is ridiculous, it looks like a model car on the docks :eek:

How long is this sojourn?

There was a lot of form filling and questions to be answered but no issues with the emissions and smog rules. The temporary import permissions are given nationally by the US government / customs so there are no local problems given that the separate States have different structures.

Will post a couple more frames from the docks...

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cooper9000
Back