Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Auto store Europe 996 Turbo (BassaltBlack / Cinnamon)

Morning Mike,

You used to own a silver Mk1 GT3 when I had my red one didn't you?
Coincidence you asking about that seller then as I'm collecting the Basalt 996.2 GT3 on Saturday. Jonathan is in charge of sales there and he's a nice guy to deal with.
Beyond that though I couldn't tell you. :grin:
I suppose the proof of the pudding is in the after service so to speak. You hope to never need their back up but if you do will they be supportive.

You get 6 months warranty but I've no idea if it's a good one or a 'not worth the paper it's written on" type.

To be fair though my car was SOR not stock. They've still put it through their workshop though and flagged up a coupe of minor issues which they're rectifying.

Let me know if you want me to cast an eye over the turbo for you on Saturday. I don't charge. :D

Hi Mark, hope your well - bet your excited.

Yes, I 'cashed in" just over 2 years ago and am looking to get back into to something Pork flavoured. Would be great if you had time - it looks like they've either had this for 2 years or it's the 2nd time they're selling it. :lol:

Likewise I hope all is good at your end.

I'll have a look over it no problem. I think I inadvertently did when I was there as I was comparing things to mine with them both being basalt.

They may well have had it twice. They sold my GT3 just over 2 years ago to the current owner and are about to sell it to me. It's a big professional outfit. Hundreds of cars in storage and some stunning stock.

I'll PM you Saturday night. I won't get home til 6/7pm. I obviously would never tell anyone 'yes buy it" on my say so alone, but I can at least see if it's worth you trailing over to see for yourself. I'll take pics of any imperfections but I remember it being rather nice. 8)

In the meantime if you want any info just ring Jonathan and make yourself known to him. He'll have all the info and will have checked the Rev ranges etc.

Bye for now. :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back