Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Coffin Arms

marko343

Morning,

The front and rear coffin arms/wishbones have different part numbers, are they different sizes or are they both the same?

The reason I ask is I have seen a full set for sale which states they fit front/rear and left/right

TIA

I had a look at the Wishbones installed in my 06 Carrera. All of them have the same part number engraved. I think, this number just refers to the aluminium part of it. The difference between front/rear are the mounted bushes.
You can see it on some photos posted on the internet. One of them has round holes, the other one looks like a keyhole.

Porsche sells different parts for front/rear. Also Meyle lists different parts. Both have also differences for Coupe/Cabrio/Targa.

Only cheap sources recommend to use one part for all three corners. I guess they will work as the overal geometry is the same. But they might lead to less comfort or durability.

Thomas

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back