Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GTS C2

stokie1

Spa-Francorchamps
Been lurking for a while and was thinking of returning to 911 ownership with a turbo BUT couldn't help noticing that the GTS seems to have come off a bit on price

Ive searched the forum and the net and folks seem to rave about the GTS - I just cant justify a GT3 - so that's not in the game - but 55-60k on a GTS seems sensible

could I ask for thoughts on the car - is it as good as folks say and does it differentiate itself from a stock 997.2 sufficiently - ive previously had a gen 1 c2s and c4s

and what are the must have options - do I assume that the mechanicals are all the same as standard??

appreciated in advance

thanks - have prices come off a bit - or am I out of touch having not monitored for a while?

Best pointer on current values I can give you is to have a browse on the usual sites that sell 997 GTS's. The advertised price will not always be the final deal price obviously.

Prices for 997 GTS's have come off....I'd say by about £10k. Last year if you wanted to buy a manual they were £70k to £75k....now they're £60k to £65k. The GTS is a great car...love mine. In terms of desirable spec

CL Wheels - You can buy cars with 5 lug which some people prefer for practicality but they're not as popular and will be hard to sell.
Alcantara Interior- Key part of GTS spec but some cars are full leather
Manual Gearbox - i'd Say worth £5k more....and I think that premium will increase. PDK in 997 is now two generations old and as these cars become more weekend cars who is going to want a weekend car with a worse gearbox than your daily ?
Leather dash- Makes a big difference to the interior...plastic dash is pretty nasty
Sports Chrono - Sort after option
Bose- sort after option
Bucket seats - very rare and very sort after
Sport chassis - rare...lowers suspension and adds LSD.

Buy a manual and get the short shift kit put on it if not factory fitted. It's a lovely gearbox. The powerkit engine revs out that bit better than the standard engine so really works well with the manual box.

Thanks guys - really helpful - not driven a pdk - are they a bit sluggish?

stokie1 said:

PDK drives lovely.

stokie1 said:

Lol errr no! Each to their own but the PDK is brilliant in the 997, re is a GTS worth it over a S or 4S id say 100% yes.
That thread is my 993 back to 997 thread :grin: The S I got was so boring, stupidly I then went for a 4S, yep still boring.....
Now with the racing yellow 991 GTS wannabee, animal and not boring at all!
GTS all the way, its just the way they rev, the 991 sound is way better, but the 997 GTS isnt bad, not sure on the extra for a manual, but a really sought after and solid investment for the future if you went that way

GLWTS :thumb:

Cheib said:
Manual Gearbox - i'd Say worth £5k more....and I think that premium will increase. PDK in 997 is now two generations old and as these cars become more weekend cars who is going to want a weekend car with a worse gearbox than your daily ?

I haven't driven a manual 911 but I must disagree with this.

When I was looking for my GTS last year there really wasn't a price difference between a PDK and a manual (ive not looked recently).

As others have said the PDK drives lovely, responds really well, and imo is as interactive as using a stick. It certainly does not make for a boring automatic driving experience.

A PDK car is faster than a manual car too.

my other porkers were manuals but I have heard good things about the PDK - i'll have to drive one

appreciate the comments

will update - and if anyone knows of one ...

GlenB said:
Cheib said:

I haven't driven a manual 911 but I must disagree with this.

When I was looking for my GTS last year there really wasn't a price difference between a PDK and a manual (ive not looked recently).

As others have said the PDK drives lovely, responds really well, and imo is as interactive as using a stick. It certainly does not make for a boring automatic driving experience.

A PDK car is faster than a manual car too.

Maybe it isn't £5k at the moment but it was last a year or so ago.

I think with regards to PDK is it depends on what your reference point is. I've read more than once of people wanting to go back to a 997 from a 991 because they prefer the 997 as a package but then finding the PDK box not as good. Now we have 992 the PDK box in the 997 is two generations old...and I honestly believe its the part of the 997 that will age quickest.

With regards to the PDK box being quicker that really doesn't interest me to be honest. The car is plenty quick enough! The constant interaction with a manual gearbox adds a lot to the driving experience for me...I find PDK a bit inert in a sports car TBH. I don't see how you can get the equivalent satisfaction from executing a heel and toe gear change in a PDK....I get it right maybe 30% of the time I reckon. My GT3 has a manual box too.

This vid from Henry Catchpole sums up how I feel about the manual gearbox

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oaUCdAdaaj8

I would give the PDK a drive and see what you think. Some people have a preference for a manual and I'm certainly not one of them.

The powerkit and the WB are the things I like about the GTS. The price to change just hasn't got to the level where I'd trade.

stokie1 said:
someone sais that fuchs and a duck tail on a GTS and you've almost got a classic - any one done it??

also whats wrong with this one??

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classi...onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&page=1

That red one at Kenny Dunn looks pretty good value to me (based on nothing more than the advert) and I would say worth looking into if you're in the market.

As for the PDK, I love it - on the paddles when you're pressing on it's great fun and when you're in the upper revs in Sport+ there's a nice extra shove you get when you grab the next gear! The 997 GTS package really is greater than the sum of its parts! If and when I decide to move on one of my 997's it will be a tough choice as to which one to keep...

Oh and I love a ducktail too! :thumb:

Attachments

• img_3163a_1_206.jpg
    img_3163a_1_206.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 2,300
  • img_9462a_100.jpg
    img_9462a_100.jpg
    632.3 KB · Views: 2,300
  • img_8433a_136.jpg
    img_8433a_136.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 2,300

New Threads