Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cayman R incoming

Magny-Cours
Ok, after 190 years in my 964 I'm about to move into a Cayman R :)

Thought about a 996 GT3 but couldn't find anything for the ££ available, so here we are

I had one on loan from Porsche for a weekend when they were launched, and a few mates have them so I know how capable they are

My wife is happy as it will be a far nicer car to drive out in than the 964, which was almost exclusively used for trackdays in the last few years

So deposit left at the weekend and scheduled to collect on Sunday, cant wait

Main spec

34,000, full OPC history and 15 months warranty remaining

Peridot
PDK
Sport Chrono
Carbon Buckets
Spyder Wheels
Sports exhaust
Bluetooth
Sound pack
Climate

Fantastic car I an great colour :thumb: I love my S Sport edition. Not quite as much power as yours but I love driving it.
I hope that you didn't sell the 964 though? It's not quite clear in your posting....

Chief said:
Fantastic car I an great colour :thumb: I love my S Sport edition. Not quite as much power as yours but I love driving it.
I hope that you didn't sell the 964 though? It's not quite clear in your posting....

964 went a couple of weeks ago, and whilst its odd not to have a Porsche sitting in the garage I haven't had any regrets (so far at least) Even though ten years is a long time to own a car

R is a completely different experience and driving style required. Its been 12 years since I've had a RWD car in any capacity and I know from driving a mates R at Spa a few weeks ago its a whole different driving style required

Looking forward to the journey

Nice one! I'm glad you got sorted after a couple of initial letdowns.

The best colour too. Lovely. :thumb:

Marky911 said:

Thank you

Yes very frustrating with the GT3 and the R at Ashdowns. The one Ive agreed a deal on wasn't even advertised, I was fortunate enough to get a response to my wanted post on Pistonheads

917k said:
Marky911 said:

Thank you

Yes very frustrating with the GT3 and the R at Ashdowns. The one Ive agreed a deal on wasn't event advertised, I was fortunate enough to get a response to my wanted post on Pistonheads
That's great news. I always thought that wanted ads were like relieving yourself into a fan. :grin:
In that case, I'll be popping up an Ad for a 997.2 GT3 in Speed Yellow in the wanted section.

Peridot :thumb:

Attachments

• peridotcaymanr_213.jpg
    peridotcaymanr_213.jpg
    207.3 KB · Views: 5,981
LOvely colour 8)

Congrats!

Poor pic, but the actual car

Attachments

• b4051ada_cdd1_4938_94d5_4937087d82c1_185.jpeg
    b4051ada_cdd1_4938_94d5_4937087d82c1_185.jpeg
    197.6 KB · Views: 5,939
It's got two options I've not seen before. Neither would make a difference to buying or not. but they seem pretty rare options

Mirror mounting triangles in body colour and interior rear plastics in body colour too

Attachments

• b07d10d0_b87c_40da_9675_2225497f2ae0_163.jpeg
    b07d10d0_b87c_40da_9675_2225497f2ae0_163.jpeg
    102.9 KB · Views: 5,932
Lovely, I really enjoyed mine :thumb:

Interesting quirks! More pics please! :thumb:

Well done mate, enjoy....I know you will! :D

p.s. I have now lost count of how many 964 owners have switched to or added a CR. Just goes to show how good they are. :)

917k said:
It's got two options I've not seen before. Neither would make a difference to buying or not. but they seem pretty rare options

Mirror mounting triangles in body colour and interior rear plastics in body colour too

Lovely car :thumb:

What are the mirror triangles you mention? Not heard of those.

Love the body coloured bits too!!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back