Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Ohlins finally fitted!

DLec997

So.... After 6 months plus of the shiny Ohlins Road and Track being sat on my for in the office I finally got round to getting them fitted. First impressions are good, need a full setup at Centre Gravity but that's not till next month.
The car had stiffer springs fitted when I purchased the car and it was over sprung and under damped in normal PASM mode. With PASM on it was over sprung and over damped! Now seems better compromise with a noticeably better front end. Still need to play with the settings but currently on 17 front and 15 rear.
My day job is playing with Race cars, I'm technical director and race engineer for G-Drive Racing at Le Mans, the WEC and ELMS in LMP2. I'm doing a road trip to Spa for the WEC next week, then to Monza for the ELMS and home via the Alps...! Will update on where I end up with settings by the end of the trip.

Attachments

• 1556086389947_115.jpg
    1556086389947_115.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,600
Interesting. I run à–hlins on the other car, but kept PASM on the 9972 and supplemented it with the TPC Racing DSC controller.

DLec997 said:
So.... After 6 months plus of the shiny Ohlins Road and Track being sat on my for in the office I finally got round to getting them fitted. First impressions are good, need a full setup at Centre Gravity but that's not till next month.
The car had stiffer springs fitted when I purchased the car and it was over sprung and under damped in normal PASM mode. With PASM on it was over sprung and over damped! Now seems better compromise with a noticeably better front end. Still need to play with the settings but currently on 17 front and 15 rear.
My day job is playing with Race cars, I'm technical director and race engineer for G-Drive Racing at Le Mans, the WEC and ELMS in LMP2. I'm doing a road trip to Spa for the WEC next week, then to Monza for the ELMS and home via the Alps...! Will update on where I end up with settings by the end of the trip.

Had my Ohlins for a few month now and over the moon with the transformation in handling and ride, so much better than the stock PASM, yes a little stiffer at slower speeds but fantastic when you're cracking on a bit :thumb: mine were fitted by CG, full geo and corner weighing and would thoroughly recommend them :thumb:

The road trip has been great so far and passed without incident to Spa. Pole position and a new track record in qualifying then crazy weather for the race.... Unfortunately the sudden drop in temp caused a crack in the windscreen of the 997 from a stone chip - this now needs replacing on my return to the UK. Awesome drive down to Monza via Belgium, Germany, France, Switzerland, Italy. Damper settings currently 20 front and 14 rear. Now to plan the return trip 😁.

Attachments

• img_20190505_wa0016_914.jpg
    img_20190505_wa0016_914.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 1,056
  • 1557370353326_972.jpg
    1557370353326_972.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 1,056
Excellent pics. Either of those would make a great full size picture. 8)

Pity about the windscreen. CG will get the best out of your setup when you go.

Cool job by the way. It must be great. :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back