Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

HELP PLEASE! removing rear wiper arm, stuck!

johnt993997

Hi there
I'm trying to remove my rear wiper arm from the shaft which comes through the window hole from the motor.
I've undone the 13mm nut, and from what I can see online and in the drawing attached the arm should then just come off. However its not budging. Applied a reasonable amount of force but before I give it a real heave ho, has anyone else done this?
I'm not missing something am I? It's not threaded, and it winds off perhaps? There is a small amount of rust visible so it might be just a bit corroded on.
Cheers for any help!
J

Attachments

• oi000001_211.jpg
    oi000001_211.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 2,019
  • 904_05_997_2005_08_107.gif
    904_05_997_2005_08_107.gif
    30.6 KB · Views: 2,019
Cheers Monster, wow there's even a tool for it!
Tapered, that makes sense now.
Ta.

There is a tool for removing wiper arms .. i have one but for these it shouldn't really be needed ..

Angle the wiper arm up at 90 degrees to the base then rock side to side .. they normally come off this way ..

Or lets just say they do for me and i use the tool on Cayennes mainly .

Always .. and i mean always .. when the tension is gone and its loose .. cover the end with your hand so it cant snap back into place .. it will damage the screen if it shoots back to straight position and close the the screen .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back