Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Thinking of buying a 991.1 - But have some questions....

991.2GTS

Imola
I'm thinking of buying a 991.1 C2S. Mainly because I want to experience the 3.8 NA engine, and being the last NA engine of it's kind, believe it will be classic in years to come.

I've seen what looks like a good 2015 example in Silver with 14.5k on the clock. I want to use it as a DD in place of my Macan GTS.

Are there any issues with 991.1's I should be aware of? Especially now it's out of warranty?

And in terms of buying a 24 month warranty from Porsche, is this possible and how much does that usually cost? And is Porsche Assistance included?

OPC warranty is just under £2500 when you factor in the 111 point check
and you get Porsche Assist

The key point, has it been correctly serviced at the 2 and 4 year interval ?

Oil leaks can occur but making sure it's had its 4 year service is a plus

991.2GTS said:
I'm thinking of buying a 991.1 C2S. Mainly because I want to experience the 3.8 NA engine, and being the last NA engine of it's kind, believe it will be classic in years to come.

I've seen what looks like a good 2015 example in Silver with 14.5k on the clock. I want to use it as a DD in place of my Macan GTS.

Are there any issues with 991.1's I should be aware of? Especially now it's out of warranty?

And in terms of buying a 24 month warranty from Porsche, is this possible and how much does that usually cost? And is Porsche Assistance included?

If Carlsberg did confusing usernames :dont know: :grin: if you buy from an OPC of course, the 2 year warranty is obviously included. Buying the warranty you can take the assistance as an extra to the warranty. Not sure its worth it really, disappointing when the RAC turn up.

Not sure there's much to worry about on a 3 year old low miles car. Great choice though, the last of the NA, future classic for sure.

Thanks for the info. I'm buying from a dealer rather than OPC. I've been out for a spin in it this afternoon. Felt great, and that engine sounds so good. A much better tune than my 991.2 kicks out.

I'm going to mull it over, they offered £57k for the Macan, which I think is fair. So, I have a decision to make. :?

I've bought 991.1 C2S a few weeks ago & loving it, the sports exhaust sound & 3.8 NA is addictive & ace, its interesting to note that you might be swapping from a 991.2
I think in time this may well be the way to go, people will want the nicer sounding non turbo. :?:

991.2GTS said:
Thanks for the info. I'm buying from a dealer rather than OPC. I've been out for a spin in it this afternoon. Felt great, and that engine sounds so good. A much better tune than my 991.2 kicks out.

I'm going to mull it over, they offered £57k for the Macan, which I think is fair. So, I have a decision to make. :?

Hamster, think it's a twin stable of 991's 👍 Your only issue is you'll need to wait 90 days if you want to put the OPC warranty on :thumb:

Looking forward to seeing your yellow one at one of the meets, I've missed a couple when you were there, they are ace, I keep going in to the garage for a look & using any excuse to have a run out, that's a sign of a car you love.

Hamster75 said:
I've bought 991.1 C2S a few weeks ago & loving it, the sports exhaust sound & 3.8 NA is addictive & ace, its interesting to note that you might be swapping from a 991.2
I think in time this may well be the way to go, people will want the nicer sounding non turbo. :?:

As per Spongebob, I'm keeping the 991.2. I love it, but I blame that for now considering a 991.1. After driving a 911, mainly at weekends etc. for the last couple of months, and then going back to the Macan as a DD, as good as it is, it's just not doing it for me. And I don't really need a four seater, or the boot space.

And the 991.1 C2S is the perfect option I reckon. A stellar engine, rwd and a future classic, which will give me enough difference between that and a 991.2 C4GTS.

The only thing holding me back is having too much of a good thing, does saving my 911 for weekends etc. preserve the magic in some way? If I get to drive one every day, will it kill the excitement I feel every time I get in it?

spongebob squarepants said:
991.2GTS said:

Hamster, think it's a twin stable of 991's 👍 Your only issue is you'll need to wait 90 days if you want to put the OPC warranty on :thumb:

Thanks, that's good to know. That may sway me towards buying from an OPC, if it comes down to it.

991.2GTS said:
Hamster75 said:

As per Spongebob, I'm keeping the 991.2. I love it, but I blame that for now considering a 991.1. After driving a 911, mainly at weekends etc. for the last couple of months, and then going back to the Macan as a DD, as good as it is, it's just not doing it for me. And I don't really need a four seater, or the boot space.

And the 991.1 C2S is the perfect option I reckon. A stellar engine, rwd and a future classic, which will give me enough difference between that and a 991.2 C4GTS.

The only thing holding me back is having too much of a good thing, does saving my 911 for weekends etc. preserve the magic in some way? If I get to drive one every day, will it kill the excitement I feel every time I get in it?

Wow that is a nice dilemma, but would you do your 991.2 justice after driving all week in 991.1 maybe it would seem like an anti climax, I have mine as a weekend only so there is a always sense of excitement every time I get behind the wheel, not like a work car that puts me in a place just a commuter.
I think given your choice I would just use the GTS & save the money

Hamster75 said:
991.2GTS said:
Hamster75 said:

Wow that is a nice dilemma, but would you do your 991.2 justice after driving all week in 991.1 maybe it would seem like an anti climax, I have mine as a weekend only so there is a always sense of excitement every time I get behind the wheel, not like a work car that puts me in a place just a commuter.
I think given your choice I would just use the GTS & save the money

I think you might be right. As much as I'd love to be in a 911 every day, I think it would kill some of the excitement I now get. I'm like a big kid the night before I pick it up too, as it's in storage between drives.

The 991.1 is a strange beast. Coming from a 997.2 which I loved, and hating the 991 at first, one drive of the 991.1, especially with the power pack and PSE, the 997.2 was quickly forgotten, and it's all down to the sound, plus the whole car feels alive and light compared to the 997.2.
Anyway in my (crazy) world using (man maths) and OCD ( is the GTS going to be special enough?) Not sure re the 991.1 and 991.2GTS configurations as daily and weekender...using man maths and your combined budget (ok theres maybe some extra money required) I'd be thinking something like 991.1 as the daily, and GT3 991.1 as the weekender to replace the GTS:dont know: :grin:
Basically bin the .2 :dont know: :floor:

spongebob squarepants said:
The 991.1 is a strange beast. Coming from a 997.2 which I loved, and hating the 991 at first, one drive of the 991.1, especially with the power pack and PSE, the 997.2 was quickly forgotten, and it's all down to the sound, plus the whole car feels alive and light compared to the 997.2.
Anyway in my (crazy) world using (man maths) and OCD ( is the GTS going to be special enough?) Not sure re the 991.1 and 991.2GTS configurations as daily and weekender...using man maths and your combined budget (ok theres maybe some extra money required) I'd be thinking something like 991.1 as the daily, and GT3 991.1 as the weekender to replace the GTS:dont know: :grin:
Basically bin the .2 :dont know: :floor:

:D A GT3 is the dream. And the dealer I was at today had a lovely 991.1 example in for £120k. Could swap the GTS plus a bit of cash for it I guess, but the 991.2 was my first 911, and I got to spec it myself. And if I get my way, I'll keep it forever.

However, I would be tempted to chuck in both the GTS and Macan and go for a 991.2 GT3 Touring if the prices come down a bit. And then use my Raleigh Grifter as a DD.

As has already been said, I really do not think the 4 would feel special if you were pottering round in a 2s each day, just not enough difference.

I bought a C4s in Jan and use it as a daily, I wake up looking forward to the drive to the office, I'd just use your .2 every day and get your moneys worth as prices will only go one way!

Maybe consider a 997.2 GTS? It has the 3.8 with power pack and sports exhaust... a manual one, last of the non EPAS 911s would surely be a reasonable place to put your money, and offer something different to the 991 for high days and holidays.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back