Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 Targa at Essex Prestige

hobbes1303

Hi. Does anyone know anything about this vehicle or the dealer?

Also, the car looks to have sat since December 2017 when it's MOT ran out. Should that give rise to any concerns?

I went there (Harlow) to view a Cayman, didn't get a good feel from the member of staff I met. Car was massively overpriced, stayed on their books for yonks.

Also offered me peanuts for my mint R32, but perhaps that cant be held against them.

I called them a couple of weeks ago and the guy I spoke with said he'd get his colleague to call back from the branch where the vehicle is located but never did.....

Yeah not surprised, guy I dealt with was blunt and disinterested in selling me the car.

They had the car for at least 6m after I viewed it IIRC.

alternatively this 993 just landed in the classifieds http://911uk.com/ads_item.php?id=8992

:)

hobbes1303 said:
Hi. Does anyone know anything about this vehicle or the dealer?

Also, the car looks to have sat since December 2017 when it's MOT ran out. Should that give rise to any concerns?

more so age, at 23 years old, it might require some work

Caveat emptor

https://www.essexprestigeautos.co.uk/used-porsche-911-harlow-essex-1976054

109k miles £39,989

32840911.jpg

32840921.jpg

Looks like it has been off the road for two periods of two years.
I would want to see the service history too, does it have similar gaps? assume it would.
MoT advises perished tyres, common with standing.

Not he end of the world, but you'll need to get in front of it.

Have the common issues been dealt with?
Scuttle Rust
Door straps
Chassis Rails.

Is it on it's original suspension? If it is it will be very worn.
Does the roof have any noises (they all do) but does it crash about?

Oh, and it's overpriced.
And grey hardbacks? :?:

sday12 said:
Looks like it has been off the road for two periods of two years.
I would want to see the service history too, does it have similar gaps? assume it would.
MoT advises perished tyres, common with standing.

Not he end of the world, but you'll need to get in front of it.

Have the common issues been dealt with?
Scuttle Rust
Door straps
Chassis Rails.

Is it on it's original suspension? If it is it will be very worn.
Does the roof have any noises (they all do) but does it crash about?

Oh, and it's overpriced.
And grey hardbacks? :?:

DeMort is a guru on Targa roofs and fixed mine so that you can hear a few low level squeaks on badly surfaced roads but not a thing on smooth ones.

What's the perceived problem with grey hardbacks then? I have them, they just add to the brightness and light in the cabin, some of us don't like dark small enclosed spaces, and believe it or not some people actually prefer the Targa for that reason. Not to mention the fact that most 993s only see summer months, which is the Targa's forte :D

All that being said I don't get a good feeling about that particular car

bigger issues at that age can the targa roof motors, which you can only replace

Albionmuz said:
What's the perceived problem with grey hardbacks then? I have them, they just add to the brightness and light in the cabin, some of us don't like dark small enclosed spaces...

They are very unusual. Normally have black shells not light grey?

Looks good in Polar and Hardbacks should help the sale. Lots of cars have gaps in history from lack of use... serves as a great bargaining tool. :thumb:

C.

tyinsky said:
Albionmuz said:
What's the perceived problem with grey hardbacks then? I have them, they just add to the brightness and light in the cabin, some of us don't like dark small enclosed spaces...

Sharp eyes, I hadn't noticed that and yes, mine are black shells. I misinterpreted the comment as I thought it was aimed at the grey seats.

Too much dough :bandit:

There's more issues I'd be questioning about that car, for e.g. where are the stickers on the drivers door aperture?, only reason they would not be there is that it's had a new rear quarter. You replace rear quarter on a Targa you have to remove the roof, if so has this been done properly?.

Trev

tyinsky said:
Albionmuz said:

do you also believe the moon is made of cheese ?

Most cars had black interiors but shock horror there were different options that included this one :bandit:

JZM have a nice targa in.
Not advertised yet.
I know who I'ld be buying from

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back